Oh, To Be So Loved................

Ernie Lane ernielane at VERIZON.NET
Fri Jun 26 07:34:04 MDT 2009

John A. Quayle wrote:

>   *[Tell you what.......this kind of idiocy has reached critical mass
>   with me. I think it's high <bleeping> time Republicans start
>   countering this stuff with potshots at Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi,
>   Christopher Dodd, and Ted Kennedy - among others. I'm REALLY sick and
>   tired of seeing the conservatives stand there and take it, time after
>   time, after time. Maybe it's a good thing that Kerry married the widow
>   of Senator John Heinz. Kerry needs a truckload of ketchup to make his
>   foot palatable each time he stuffs it into his cavernous pie
>   hole

Not only that, it really pisses me off how the Republicans -- all of
them -- accept the Democrat premises.  Two examples:  one, health care.
  The Democrats say it needs fixing.  The Republicans accept that, and
then debate how to do it.  They ought to just say, no it doesn't.  Two,
global warming.  The Republicans ought to just say that man-made global
warming is a hoax, and _anything_ done to combat it is a waste of
resources.  The same with "climate change"; the Republicans ought to
just say that it's always existed and so forth, and while you might be
able to do some localized, short-term things to affect _weather_ (like
seeding clouds), we can't do anything to stop climate change, so again,
anything done is a waste of resources.  Instead they get involved in a
discussion about _how_ best to "tackle the problem," when they ought to
say there isn't one.