URGENT! Help stop "The Pedophile Protection Act"

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Wed May 6 01:01:10 MDT 2009

URGENT! STOP THE PEDOPHILE PROTECTION ACT IN ITS TRACKS
[]

There is a bill on the fast track in the U.S. Senate (§ 909) that would not
only criminalize free speech but provide elevated protection to pedophiles.

The bill is euphemistically called "The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes
Prevention Act."

I call it "The Pedophile Protection Act."

It was exposed as such when an amendment to exclude pedophiles from special
legal protections, offered by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, was rejected by the
Democrats in the House Judiciary Committee. Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Florida,
admitted from the House Floor that this bill put 547 forms of sexual
deviancies listed by the American Psychiatric Association, which he
referred to as "all of these 'philias' and fetishes and 'isms,'" on the
same level of elevated protection as "race ... religion ... gender ... or
disability."

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, a former appellate judge on the House
committee, clarified further:
"...We just rejected an amendment to including pedophilia from being a part
of this protected class. Do you realize what that means?

"If a mother hears that their child has been raped and she slaps the
assailant with her purse, she is now gone after as a hate criminal because
this is a protected class. There are other protected classes in here. I
mean simple exhibitionism. I have female friends who have told me over the
years that some guy flashed them, and their immediate reaction was to hit
them with their purse. Well now, he's committed a misdemeanor, [and] she
has committed a federal hate crime because the exhibitionism is protected
under sexual orientation."

If there was ever a time for the Senate to stand and fight with a
filibuster, that time is now. Especially since the Democrat majority does
not yet have the contested seat filled with Al Franken, which would provide
the votes to block a filibuster.

We are calling for members of the Senate, Republicans and Democrats alike,
to stop § 909. This bill in on the fast track to approval. But you can help
to derail it.

I urge you to join me in an unprecedented action to send a barrage of
overnight letters to every member of the U.S. Senate.

WND has devised a plan to FedEx copies of the following letter to every
U.S. Senator on your behalf for only $10.95:

The Honorable ___________
[Room #] [Name] Senate Office Building
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator:

I am writing to urge you to do all in your power to oppose passage of §
909, also known as "The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act."

Passage of this bill by the U.S. Senate would be reckless and irresponsible
not only because of the "chilling effect" it would have on First
Amendment-guaranteed rights to free speech, but also because it would
provide, for the first time ever, special legal protections for pedophiles
and other sexual offenders.

This bill would more appropriately be called "The Pedophile Protection Act."

The evidence for this extraordinary statement comes directly from debate in
the House, when a simple amendment to exempt pedophiles from the
protections offered by the bill were rejected.

I write to warn you that those who support it, or allow it to become the
law of the land without a fight, will be held accountable at election time.

If there was ever a time for the Senate to stand and fight with a
filibuster, that time is now. We are calling for members of the Senate,
Republicans and Democrats alike, to stop § 909.

Stop "The Pedophile Protection Act" dead in its tracks – now.

Please respond to me in writing as to whether you intend to oppose this
dangerous bill – including by filibuster if necessary.

Sincerely,

John A Quayle
Your address

Click Here to Rush Deliver This Letter to
EVERY U.S. Senator for Just $10.95

At the very least, these men and women will be without excuse as to the
true nature of this dangerous piece of legislation.

I hope you will join me in this campaign.

Janet (Folger) Porter
President, Faith2Action

YES! Send my feedback to every U.S. Senator

Click Here to Get Started

P.S. If there was ever a time to stand and fight with everything we have,
that time is now. The window of opportunity to filibuster is closing fast.
We must use it NOW before it's too late.

This email was sent to blueoval57 at verizon.net as a subscriber to the Offers
from Shop.WND.com email list or past customer. To manage your email
delivery preferences,
<http://apps.paramountcommunication.com/para/worldnetdaily/prefs.php?email=blueoval57@verizon.net&mhash=170179b69fd316fcf7909e50a87f9c3c>click
here.

To immediately and permanently unsubscribe,
<http://apps.paramountcommunication.com/para/worldnetdaily/prefs.php?email=blueoval57@verizon.net&mhash=170179b69fd316fcf7909e50a87f9c3c>click
here.

If you are interested in advertising with WND.com, the leading independent
news source on the Net, email <mailto:advertising at wnd.com>advertising at wnd.com

WorldNetDaily | 2020 Pennsylvania Ave NW, #351 | Washington, DC 20006

Copyright 1997-2009 WorldNetDaily.com Inc. All Rights Reserved.