Score one for the good guys

Jim kd7nnv at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 7 18:03:58 MDT 2009

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/197550.php

May 06, 2009
Good Gun Control Insures That....

calvinsdead.JPG...Calvin Lavant, won't be doing any more robbin' and rapin'

     WBST TV: COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- A group of college students said they
are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of
their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two
masked me who burst into an apartment....

     ...Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said
student Charles Bailey.

     Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of
the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked
men with guns burst in through a patio door.

     “They just came in and separated the men from the women and said,
‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the
College Park Police Department.

     Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. “The other guy
asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,” said Bailey.

     That’s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at
the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.

The best part, after Calvin was shot by his victims, he lay dying after
running as far as he could, he called for help. He wanted the popo to
help him.

     A neighbor heard the shots and heard someone running nearby.

     “And I heard someone say, ‘Someone help me. Call the police.
Somebody call the police,’” said a neighbor.

     The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead
near his apartment, only one building away.

Call the popo, yeah right. Now doesn't that just drip with irony?

Very effective low cost justice for you Calvin. And when your partner is
caught, there will be no one for him to roll on to get favor from the DA.

F*ck Yeah!

Hat Tip: Michelle Malkin.

Update: Note that the image above was a mug shot, its probably safe to
assume that Calvin Lavant was not allowed to legally own a firearm, yet
he had one. Stiffer gun control won't stop people like Calvin from being
armed, but it might make it more difficult for the young man who saved
his friends' lives to be armed.