Tiger Woods Speech at the Inauguration............

Linda Sue Grimes lsgrimes at STONEGULCH.COM
Wed May 13 13:50:32 MDT 2009

The snopes article has this claim that seems to diminish the joy of those who want to turn this speech into a reproach of Obama:  "It is unlikely that the theme of his speech was unexpected, since he was chosen to speak just before, and introduce, a performance by the U.S. Naval Glee Club."

So I think you're getting all giddy for nothing.  Apparently, Woods always remains detached from the political fray.

Please, there is enough wrong with Obama's admin without concocting stuff.

lsg
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John A. Quayle
  To: RUSHTALK at CSDCO.COM
  Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:02 PM
  Subject: Tiger Woods Speech at the Inauguration............

  [Folks, this is OUTSTANDING and should be required reading for EVERYONE! - JAQ:]

           < http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/tigerwoods.asp>

    HAVE  YOU SEEN THIS??  YEAH, TIGER!!

    TIGER WOODS SPEECH AT THE INAUGURATION:

      Tiger Woods received a special invitation to speak at the inauguration. His inviters were stunned, when he did not deliver the message they expected. You will see why the media swept it under the rug with no further ado, who & why of a certain element is angered at Tiger.

    Below is the text of his speech, entitled

    "You'll Never Walk Alone," as posted on his Web site:

    "I grew up in a military family - and my role models in life were my Mom and Dad, Lt. Colonel Earl Woods. My dad was a Special Forces operator and many nights friends would visit our home. They represented every branch of the service, and every rank.

    "In my Dad, and in those guests, I saw first hand the dedication and commitment of those who serve. They come from every walk of life. From every part of our country. Time and again, across generations, they have defended our safety in the dark of night and far from home.

    "Each day and particularly on this historic day we honor the men and women in uniform who serve our country and protect our freedom. They travel to the dangerous corners of the world, and we must remember that for every person who is in uniform, there are families who wait for them to come home safely.

    "I am honored that the military is such an important part, not just of my personal life, but of my professional one as well. The golf tournament we do each year here in Washington is a testament to those unsung heroes.

    "I am the son of a man who dedicated his life to his country, family and the military, and I am a better person for it.

    "In the summer of 1864, Abraham Lincoln, the man at whose memorial we stand, spoke to the 164th Ohio Regiment and said: 'I am greatly obliged to you, and to all who have come forward at the call of their country.'

    "Just as they have stood tall for our country we must always stand by and support the men and women in uniform and their families.

    "Thank you, and it is now my pleasure to introduce the US Naval Glee Club."

    I have never been more proud of Tiger Woods than when I heard his 2-minute tribute to the military at the Inaugural Celebration in Washington DC. You know he was greatly pressured to be there. Liberals have been mad at him for a decade for not joining their ranks. Youknow he didn't want to be there. So instead of paying homage to Obama, he paid tribute to our

    soldiers. Not one time did Tiger mention Obama, the inauguration or the new administration. He knew beforehand that his love for America, and appreciation for our military men & women would anger them further. But Tiger is his own man his father taught him to be his own man.

    Somewhere over that cold, gray Washington sky, old Earl Woods was smiling down on his beloved son. And there will be one more crying hug waiting for Tiger when he passes through the Pearly Gates into God's arms.