From One News Now (Christian News Service)

Steven Laib stevenlaib at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri May 15 11:27:37 MDT 2009

China is building a sexually explicit theme park called "Love Land" in the apparent hopes that it will break the taboo subject of sex and make people more likely to seek treatment for sexually transmitted diseases and infertility.  See FOX News.
Love Land is set to open in October in the southwestern metropolis of Chongqing and will feature exhibitions about sexual history and how to use condoms properly. It will also host sex technique workshops, the China Daily newspaper said.

A picture of the main entrance shows a signboard bearing the park's name being straddled by a giant pair of women's legs topped by a red thong.
The manager of the park, Lu Xiaoqing, claims that China is ". . . building the park for the good of the public.  Sex is a taboo subject in China but people really need to have more access to information about it."

The Chinese government launched a national sex education campaign earlier this year, and apparently the park was inspired by a similar park on South Korea's Jeju Island, which is also called Loveland.

As you might expect, the park has generated a lot of heated discussion.  One blogger wrote "[o]verseas, this park would be considered artistic.  But in Chongqing, it's just vulgar."  Other Chinese have been supportive of the park, saying they don't object to the park.

Park Manager Lu is clearly happy with all the debate.  He says "I have found that the majority of people support my idea but I have to pay attention and not make the park look vulgar and nasty."

One thing's for sure, this certainly isn't Disneyworld we're talking about.  And I'm glad the manager is concentrating on making the park look tasteful, otherwise I would be worried about the photo below which accompanied the news article.  You may see the photo below. (at bottom of article at link below)

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=530872
China Building Sexually Explicit Theme Park