Ruskies Scold The U.S.

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Mon May 18 19:06:19 MDT 2009

Yes, but the errors are the same there.  So I am
curious if this is written by a native speaker -
which it seems.  But a true journalist wouldn't
make the same elementary errors.  In journalism,
these errors would never be tolerated by an
editor, and, as such, speak to the credence of
the author and article as a whole.

generic situation, two people chatting, usually
not a lot of attention paid to
grammar.  Acceptable.  Journalism - professional
writing, lots of attention paid.  It's as
ridiculous as listening to "misunderestimates
me".  Destroys any and all credence.

In and of themselves, it's really no big
deal.  We all read the same misuse here all the
time.  But in what is purported to be true
journalism, the misuse is intolerable.  Again, it
speaks directly to the authority and credence of
the author.  It rings of "this is the best job
the writer could get, because no reputable
publication would hire someone who made such errors."