Ruskies Scold The U.S.

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Mon May 18 21:50:01 MDT 2009

At 08:23 PM 5/18/2009, Stephen A. Frye wrote:
>John,
>
>I have to question the authenticity of this article. It's "almost" well
>written. If this were a translation from Russian into English, the "lazy"
>grammatical errors wouldn't have occurred, because the errors wouldn't be
>the same in Russian.

         Depends on who did the actual translating, Stephen. Don't you think?

>The errors wouldn't translate directly.

         I don't know that for sure, so I can't comment one way or the
other.............

>And I have never read these lazy grammatical errors by any native English
>speaker that writes columns of any significance. Some postings herein,
>yes. Journalists - never - they know better.

         At least we trust that to be so.

>And if they don't, then the substance of their material is probably just
>as error prone.

         When have you ever seen or heard of any journalist worried about
accuracy of facts, Stephen? I can tell you that as a staff, the NYTimes
certainly isn't. How many times have they been caught making stuff up out
of whole cloth? Long as it fits their premise............

John Q.