Parental rights versus the State

tom.matiska at ATT.NET tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Thu May 21 10:33:03 MDT 2009

If a parent or custodial adult fails to provide proper food and shelter our County Youth and Child Services will charge them with neglect or endangerment.   If a non-custodial adult fails to pay the ordered support they will be charged with abandonment.   How is failing to provide  medical treatment less of a crime??

Sometimes I think our founding fathers only got it half right......    if they had drafted  a "Bill of Responsibilities" we'd probably have a smaller nanny state, a smaller court/prison system, and a much more responsible collection of citizens.

Tom