Stepped up measures in Texas to combat Swine Flu

Carl Spitzer WinBlows at LAVABIT.COM
Sat May 23 20:37:32 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 13:33 -0700, Stephen A. Frye wrote:
> Absolutely right - statistcially insignificant.  However, the CDC
> can't make that assumption.  That would be irresponsible.  The
> problem is the media, which takes the CDC's necessary and serious
> regard and then extrapolates to the worst possible outcome.  Why?  It
> sells.  The media, and those who pay attention to it, feed on this.
>
> On the other hand, a shifting virus is not something we should just
> ignore, either.  That would be nearly as irresponsible.  But if
> common sense were to prevail - but then, do any of us really believe
> such could happen?
>
> While I do believe Biden is an idiot, I understand his remarks.  Flus
> and colds are transmitted freely in enclosed areas.  The virus has a
> captive audience.  That's the primary reason there are so many colds
> in the winter; more people stay cooped up for longer in enclosed,
> non-ventilated areas.

Or under ventilated airplanes which to save fuel do as little outside
air exchange as possible.  Then there are those cattle car transport
arrangements the illegals use a sure fire way to make things worse.

CWSIV