This Wasn't Necessary

Dennis Putnam dap1 at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Oct 15 16:30:25 MDT 2010

 Unfortunately they do not fit many fixtures both because they are not
sufficiently round on top to hold a spring wire lamp shade and are
slightly longer than conventional bulbs of the same wattage and do not
fit in the globes. Damned if I'm going to pay for all new fixtures,
$3000 hazmat clean up when one breaks and have to pay hundreds of
dollars to dispose of them when the land fills are becoming toxic with
mercury.

This is the same knee-jerk reaction from the enviro-wackos that brought
us those damned plastic grocery bags (the ones that leave all your
groceries scattered loose around your trunk buy the time you drive home
and have to be re-bagged so you can bring them in) and now they want to
Someone apparently finally figured out that trees are a renewable resource.