Fast Eddy FATHER OF THE GROOM

Carl Spitzer Winblows at LAVABIT.COM
Wed Oct 20 18:58:38 MDT 2010

By: John Popovich

Before I came to Cincinnati, I was a news reporter at WOC in Davenport
Iowa. I covered a lot of city council and a lot of political stuff. One
of the guys I covered was Ed Mezvinsky, who was the Congressman from
Iowa's first district. Seemed like a pretty nice guy, but when he
ditched his wife for a New York reporter, the Iowa voters ditched him.
My most vivid memory is that he sat on the House Judiciary Committee
that was deciding the fate of President Nixon. Anyway, years later,
"Fast Eddie" got caught with his hand in the till. He cheated investors
out of more than $10 million dollars. He went to prison for several
years. This weekend, his son married Chelsea Clinton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Mezvinsky