Father O'Malley

Carl Spitzer Winblows at LAVABIT.COM
Sun Oct 24 23:16:30 MDT 2010

                            Father O'Malley
                               by Unknown

Father O'Malley rose from his bed. It was a fine spring day in his new
Washington DC parish.

He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of air and
to see the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a jackass
lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.

He promptly called the US   House of Representatives  for assistance.

The conversation went like this: " Good morning . This is Speaker
Pelosi. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at
St.Brigid's. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn. Would ye be
so kind as to send a couple o' yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Speaker Pelosi, considering herself to be quite a wit, replied with a
smirk, "Well now father, it was always my impression that you people
took care of last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment.  Father O'Malley
then replied: "Aye, that's certainly true,

 but we are also obliged to first notify the next of kin."