California moves on electoral college

Dennis Putnam dap1 at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Aug 11 11:59:12 MDT 2011

On 8/11/2011 1:42 PM, Tom Matiska wrote:

> [...]
It would still apply only to the states that pass it. It is very
unlikely it will pass in GA and impossible this year since the
legislature does not reconvene until 1/2012. It has not even had a
committee hearing yet. So that pretty much ends it there unless 12 is
enough.

As and aside, technically the electors can vote any way they want
regardless of the state or national popular vote. Although to my
knowledge, no elector has ever voted differently.