Once more we return to Sodom and Gamorah

Paf Dvorak notmyname at THATSWAYTOOMUCH.INFO
Sat Aug 27 13:27:05 MDT 2011

At 09:42 AM 8/27/2011 -0400, you wrote:

>>>I did not touch on mandatory attendance. I think its up to the parents
>>>to choose traditional or trade education for their kids.
>>>Whether its private or homeschool is up to the parents.
>>>
>>>CWSIV
>>
>>And if the parents want no school? If they want them to work the family
>>farm or if the parents can leave 'em enough money that they never have
>>to work, is it government's business if the kids don't go to any sort of
>>training?
>>I think not.
>
>I'm not sure we even need mandatory attendance laws anymore.
>
>Back when they were first instituted, most people could get along
>just fine without a high school education, or really much formal
>education at all.
>
>Now, it's different.  I bet you wouldn't any, or many, parents that
>don't think a high school education (including home school) isn't
>necessary.   Hell, most think college is necessary.
>
>Add the societal norm.  All together, there is just so much more
>"pressure" to go to, and stay in, school today.

Well true, but the societal "norm" is to abhor horse flesh as good meat.

Anyway, mandatory attendance laws are not created to help The
Children get an education. This law is a companion to the equally
anti-liberty child labor laws.