The Constitution & God's Model for civil government

Paf Dvorak notmyname at THATSWAYTOOMUCH.INFO
Wed Aug 29 23:55:23 MDT 2012

At 12:08 AM 8/30/2012 -0400, you wrote:
>><I sed:>
>>          You sound like Obama and his viewpoint that the
>> Constitution is a negative list.......bah.
>
>         <Paf sed:>
>
>>Did you notice that the words above and below were not written by
>>me and referenced to who wrote them?
>>Didja notice that none of the references were from obobo?
>
>At 07:25 PM 8/29/2012, JD wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure what you mean by a "negative list," but the guarantees
>>in the Bill Of Rights aer framed in the negative:  Congress shall
>>pass NO law...The rights of the people...SHALL NOT be
>>infringed...NO warrant SHALL issue, etc.
>
>         Mr. Obama correctly (and painfully) refers to the
> Constitution as a "charter of negative liberties," as
> "interpreted." <
> http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/10/a_clear_danger_obama_a_living.html >

I too don't like the idea of a federal constitution/government, and
Obama is proving the fear of many (see link):

During the period of debate over the ratification of the
Constitution, numerous independent local speeches and articles were
published all across the country. Initially, many of the articles in
opposition were written under pseudonyms, such as "Brutus",
"Centinel", and "Federal Farmer". Eventually, famous revolutionary
figures such as Patrick Henry came out publicly against the
Constitution. They argued that the strong national government
proposed by the Federalists was a threat to the rights of individuals
and that the President would become a king. They objected to the
federal court system created by the proposed constitution. This
produced a phenomenal body of political writing; the best and most
influential of these articles and speeches were gathered by
historians into a collection known as the Anti-Federalist Papers in
allusion to the Federalist Papers. (Summary by Ticktockman)
http://archive.org/details/antifederalist_0707_librivox