[Rushtalk] Smile! You're Being Watched!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 5 14:12:02 MST 2012

WND VIDEO

NSA agent: Everyone under virtual surveillance

'They are targeted by the government'

Published: 2 hours ago
    *
<http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/nsa-agent-everyone-under-virtual-surveillance/print/>
    Printer Friendly

    * <http://www.addtoany.com/share_save>
    Share

    * Text smaller
    * Text bigger
big-brother-surveillance

Did you ever get the feeling you were being watched?

And watched by the government?

There’s very good reason to feel that way, says a
whistleblower from the National Security Agency
who says everyone in the U.S. is under virtual
surveillance by federal authorities.

In an
<http://rt.com/usa/news/surveillance-spying-e-mail-citizens-178/>interview
with RT, William Binney, a former mathematician
and code breaker at the NSA, says the FBI records
the emails of nearly all Americans, including
members of Congress, and warns that the
government can use this information against anyone.

“The FBI has access to the data collected, which
is basically the emails of virtually everybody in
the country. And the FBI has access to it,” Binney said.

“All the congressional members are on the
surveillance, too, no one is excluded. They are
all included. So, yes, this can happen to anyone.
If they become a target for whatever reason –
they are targeted by the government, the
government can go in, or the FBI, or other
agencies of the government, they can go into
their database, pull all that data collected on
them over the years, and we analyze it all. So,
we have to actively analyze everything they’ve
done for the last 10 years at least.”

<http://superstore.wnd.com/sales/99-CENT-STORE/Whistleblower-Single-Issue-March-2012>“Big
Brother is watching” in ways Orwell never
dreamed. Read our special report: “One Nation
Under Surveillance,” for an amazing 99 cents!

Binney resigned from the agency in 2001, as he no
longer wanted to be part of alleged violations of the U.S. Constitution.

He says information is being collected in bulk
without even requesting providers.

“I don’t think they are filtering it. They are
just storing it,” Binney told RT. “I think it’s
just a matter of selecting when they want it. So,
if they want to target you, they would take your
attributes, go into that database and pull out all your data.”

When asked if he himself was on the target list,
Binney responded, “Oh, sure! I believe I’ve been
on it for quite a few years. So I keep telling
them everything I think of them in my email. So
that when they want to read it they’ll understand what I think of them.”

Binney actually blew the whistle on NSA practices
during the term of President George W. Bush, but
with President Barack Obama now in office, he
says, “it’s getting worse. They are doing more.
He is supporting the building of the Bluffdale
facility, which is over two billion dollars they
are spending on storage room for data. That means
that they are collecting a lot more now and need
more storage for it. That facility by my
calculations that I submitted to the court for
the Electronic Frontiers Foundation against NSA
would hold on the order of 5 zettabytes of data.
Just that current storage capacity is being
advertised on the web that you can buy. And
that’s not talking about what they have in the near future.”

Binney is a
<http://www.callawayawards.org/2012-award-winners/>2012
recipient of the Joe A. Callaway Award for Civic
Courage, which is awarded to those who stand out
for constitutional rights and American values at
great risk to their personal or professional lives.

RT suggested his former colleagues at the NSA
might view him as a traitor for exposing their practices.

When asked how he felt about them, he said: “They
are violating the foundation of this entire
country. Why this entire government was formed?
It’s founded with the Constitution and the rights
were given to the people in the country under
that Constitution. They are in violation of that.
And under executive order 13526, section 1.7 –
you cannot classify information to just cover up
a crime, which this is, and that was signed by
President Obama. Also President Bush signed it
earlier as an executive order, a very similar
one. If any of this comes into Supreme Court and
they rule it unconstitutional, then the entire
house of cards of the government falls.”

He says the government is doing its best to try to keep the issue out of court.

“And, of course, we are trying to do the best we
can to get into court. So, we decided it deserves
a ruling from the Supreme Court. Ultimately the
court is supposed to protect the Constitution.
All these people in the government take an oath
to defend the Constitution. And they are not living up to the oath of office.”