[Rushtalk] Climate Intimidation..........

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 6 14:01:00 MST 2012

         After "Climategate" appeared to be a
lethal blow to the enviro-weenie movement, I
can't believe we're still fighting over a proven hoax!

Fmr. Thatcher advisor Lord Monckton evicted from
UN climate summit after challenging global
warming -- 'Escorted from the hall and security
officers stripped him of his UN credentials'

Monckton to UN: 'In the 16 years we have been
coming to these conferences, there has been no global warming'

Calls to 'deport Monckton' from UN conference in Qatar

Thursday, December 06, 2012By
<http://www.climatedepot.com/contact.asp>Marc
Morano  –  <http://www.climatedepot.com>Climate Depot

[Also see:
<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18723/New-Report-Extreme-Weather-Report-2012-Latest-peerreviewed-studies-data--analyses-undermine-claims-that-current-weather-is-unprecedented-or-a-new-normal>New
Report from Climate Depot: 'Extreme Weather
Report 2012': 'Latest peer-reviewed studies, data
& analyses undermine claims that current weather
is 'unprecedented' or a 'new normal']

By Jean Chemnick, E&E reporter

Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012

[Reprint from E&E Greenwire -
<http://www.eenews.net/Greenwire/print/2012/12/06/2>December
6, 2012 - subscription required]

Excerpt: UK's Lord Christopher Monckton gets evicted

After the news conference, and as diplomats
gathered for the climate conference president's
assessment of how close countries are to
agreement, Monckton quietly slipped into the seat
reserved for the delegation of Myanmar and clicked the button to speak.

"In the 16 years we have been coming to these
conferences, there has been no global warming,"
Monckton said as confused murmurs filled the hall
and then turned into a chorus of boos.

The stunt infuriated negotiators and activists
here who gather every year to address what they
believe is one of the world's top threats, the
steady rise of man-made global warming.

As Monckton was escorted from the hall and
security officers stripped him of his U.N.
credentials, several people noted that just a few
hours earlier a group of young activists had been
thrown out of the convention center and deported.
Their crime: unfurling an unauthorized banner
calling for the Qatari hosts to lead the negotiations to a strong conclusion.

By late today, several activists attending the
conference had posted calls to "deport Monckton" on their Twitter feeds.

#

End Greenwire excerpt.

Monckton was referring to the latest temerature
data showing a 16 year stall in global warming.

Related links on 16 year global warming pause:

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17950/UK-Daily-Mail-Global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago-according-to-UK-Met-Office-quietly-released-report--Pause-in-warming-lasted-about-same-time-as-when-temps-rose-1980-to-1996>UK
Daily Mail: 'Global warming stopped 16 years ago'
according to UK Met Office 'quietly released'
report -- 'Pause' in warming lasted about same
time as when temps rose, 1980 to 1996' -- 'The
new data, compiled from more than 3,000 measuring
points on land & sea, was issued quietly on
internet, without any media fanfare, & , until
today, it has not been reported. This stands in
sharp contrast to release of previous figures 6
months ago, which went only to end of 2010 – a
very warm year...From beginning of 1997 until
August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temps.'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18089/UK-Daily-Mail-Claim-that-there-has-been-any-statistically-significant-warming-for-past-16-years-is-therefore-unsustainable--Reaffirms-a-16year-pause-in-rising-temps>UK
Daily Mail: 'Claim that there has been any
statistically significant warming for past 16
years is therefore unsustainable' -- Reaffirms 'a
16-year 'pause' in rising temps' -- 'Two new
separate peer-reviewed studies, published in
prestigious academic journals last week
[challenged 'Hockey Stick'] -- 'The level of
warmth during the peak of the MWP in the second
half of the 10th Century, equaled or slightly
exceeded the mid-20th Century warming.' There was
also a pronounced warming period in Roman times'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17974/Flashback-2011-A-PNAS-peerreviewed-admission-that-global-surface-temperatures-did-not-rise-between-1998-and-2008>Flashback

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18047/Prof-Judith-Curry-on-16-year-global-temps--Nothing-in-Met-Offices-statementeffectively-refutes-Roses-argument-that-there-has-been-no-increase-in-global-avg-surface-temps-for-past-16-years>Prof.
Judith Curry on 16 year global temps: ' Nothing
in Met Office's statement...effectively refutes
[UK Daily Mail] Rose's argument that there has
been no increase in global avg. surface temps for
past 16 years' -- Curry defends UK Daily Mail
article: 'How does this refute Rose's argument?
No statistically significant positive trend, and
it makes it look like [warmist Skeptical Science]
hasn't done their homework with the latest data'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18088/Prof-Curry-I-think-Roses-2nd-article-is-well-done--He-lays-out-arguments-the-other-side-is-making--provides-his-response--It-is-a-reasonable-portrayal-of-debate-surrounding-this-issue>Prof.
Curry: 'I think Rose's 2nd article is well done.
He lays out arguments the other 'side' is making,
& provides his response. It is a reasonable
portrayal of debate surrounding this issue' --
Judith Curry: 'The trend since 1997 is very
small, much smaller than the decadal trend of
0.2C that we have been led to expect by the IPCC
for the early part of the 21st century...'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17996/LuumlningVahrenholt-On-HadCRUTs-16-Years-Of-No-Warming-Tough-Times-Ahead-For-Climate-Science---It-turns-out-that-everything-that-had-been-suspected-was-confirmed>Lüning/Vahrenholt

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17951/Analysis-on-16-year-pause-in-global-wamring-Regarding-the-significance-of-the-period-from-1997-recall-that-Dr-Ben-Santer-claimed-17-years-was-the-period-needed>Analysis
on 16 year 'pause' in global wamring: 'Regarding
the significance of the period from 1997, recall
that Dr. Ben Santer claimed 17 years was the
period needed' -- 'They find that tropospheric
temperature records must be at least 17 years
long to discriminate between internal climate
noise and the signal of human-caused changes in
the chemical composition of the atmosphere.' --
MIT Professor Richard Lindzen said something
similar in a WUWT guest post: 'There has been no
warming since 1997 and no statistically significant warming since 1995.'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17996/LuumlningVahrenholt-On-HadCRUTs-16-Years-Of-No-Warming-Tough-Times-Ahead-For-Climate-Science---It-turns-out-that-everything-that-had-been-suspected-was-confirmed>Lüning/Vahrenholt
On HadCRUT's 16 Years Of No Warming: 'Tough Times
Ahead For Climate Science' -- 'It turns out that
everything that had been suspected was confirmed'
-- 'This is a completely unexpected development
when one considers how all the boldly confident
forecasts from the IPCC predicted more warming.
The release of new HadCRUT figures occurred
almost in absolute silence, without any media
buzz whatsoever...One really has got to wonder
that Jones has suddenly extended his personal
threshold of pain to 20 years, and now claims
that phases of no warming 15-16 years long had always been expected.'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17972/Prof-Judith-Curry-The-data-confirms-existence-of-a-pause-in-warming-The-natural-variability-has-been-shown-over-past-2-decades-to-have-a-magnitude-that-dominates-greenhouse-warming-signal>Prof.
Judith Curry: 'The data confirms existence of a
'pause' in warming': 'The natural variability has
been shown over past 2 decades to have a
magnitude that dominates greenhouse warming
signal' -- Curry: 'It is becoming increasingly
apparent that our attribution of warming since
1980 and future projections of climate change
needs to consider natural internal variability as
a factor of fundamental importance. I sincerely
hope that the AR5 provides an assessment of what
we know and what we don't know and areas of
disagreement, rather than trying to manufacture a consensus.'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17977/New-Phil-Jones-quote-We-dont-know-what-natural-variability-is-doing--We-dont-fully-understand-how-to-input-things-like-changes-in-the-oceans>New
Phil Jones quote: 'We don't know what natural
variability is doing' -- 'We don't fully
understand how to input things like changes in
the oceans' -- '...and because we don't fully
understand it you could say that natural
variability is now working to suppress the
warming. We don't know what natural variability is doing..'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17976/Climategates-Phil-Jones-insisted-that-15-or-16-years-is-not-a-significant-period-pauses-of-such-length-had-always-been-expected-he-said-in-2012>Climategate's
Phil Jones 'insisted that 15 or 16 years is not a
significant period: pauses of such length had
always been expected, he said' in 2012 -- 'Yet in
2009, when the [temperature] plateau was already
becoming apparent and being discussed by
scientists, Jones told a colleague in one of the
Climategate emails: 'Bottom line: the 'no upward
trend' has to continue for a total of 15 years
before we get worried.' -- 'In other words,
though 5 years ago he seemed to be saying that 15
years without warming would make him 'worried',
that period has now become 20 years'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17975/Flashback-2009-Prof-Pielke-Jr-Kudos-to-NOAA-for-being-among-the-first-to-explicitly-state-what-sort-of-observation-would-be-inconsistent-with-model-predictions--15-years-of-no-warming>Flashback

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17973/The-UK-Met-Office-says-world-has-warmed-by-003-deg-C-per-decade-since-1997But-what-the-Met-Office-doesnt-say-is-that-this-is-statistically-insignificant>'The
UK Met Office says world has warmed by 0.03 deg C
per decade since 1997...But what the Met Office
doesn't say is that this is statistically
insignificant' -- 'There is no case to be made
for a statistically significant increase in
global temperatures as given in the Hadcrut4
dataset between 1997 and August 2012. The Met
Office says the 15-year standstill is not
unusual. This is true but again the Met Office is
being economical with the truth'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17983/NOAAs-15-year-statement-from-2008-puts-a-kibosh-on-the-current-Met-Office-insignificance-claims-that-global-warming-flatlined-for-16-years>NOAA's
'15 year statement' from 2008 puts a kibosh on
the current Met Office 'insignificance' claims
that global warming flatlined for 16 years --
'Yet, today, we see evidence of the goalposts
being moved again as the Met Office tries to
paint this lack of warming 'plateau' as being
insignificant...So we are at 16 years, soon to be
17 years. What happens when we hit 20 years?
Either the models are worth something or they
aren't. In this case it seems they aren't'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17981/UK-Met-Office-CO2-causes-warming-other-factors-cause-cooling--We-have-known-for-some-time-that-multidecadal-oceanic-cycles-may-act-to-slow-down-or-accelerate-observed-warming-trend>UK
Met Office: CO2 causes warming; other factors
cause cooling -- 'We have known for some time
that [multi-decadal oceanic cycles] may act to
slow down or accelerate observed warming trend'
-- 'We also know that changes in the surface
temperature occur not just due to internal
variability, but are also influenced by 'external
forcings', such as changes in solar activity,
volcanic eruptions or aerosol emissions.
Combined, several of these factors could account
for some or all of the reduced warming trend seen
over the last decade – but this is an area of ongoing research'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18161/Analysis-Global-Warming-Standstill-Confirmed>Analysis:
Global Warming Standstill Confirmed: 'There is
now no consistent increase in temperature seen in
this data. The data, displayed this way, reveals
that far from showing a steady underlying rate of
warming the global temperature has had two
standstills, with curiously, the 1998 super El Nino delineating them.'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18089/UK-Daily-Mail-Claim-that-there-has-been-any-statistically-significant-warming-for-past-16-years-is-therefore-unsustainable--Reaffirms-a-16year-pause-in-rising-temps>UK
Daily Mail: 'Claim that there has been any
statistically significant warming for past 16
years is therefore unsustainable' -- Reaffirms 'a
16-year 'pause' in rising temps' -- 'Two new
separate peer-reviewed studies, published in
prestigious academic journals last week
[challenged 'Hockey Stick'] -- 'The level of
warmth during the peak of the MWP in the second
half of the 10th Century, equalled or slightly
exceeded the mid-20th Century warming.' There was
also a pronounced warming period in Roman times'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18088/Prof-Curry-I-think-Roses-2nd-article-is-well-done--He-lays-out-arguments-the-other-side-is-making--provides-his-response--It-is-a-reasonable-portrayal-of-debate-surrounding-this-issue>Prof.
Curry: 'I think Rose's 2nd article is well done.
He lays out arguments the other 'side' is making,
& provides his response. It is a reasonable
portrayal of debate surrounding this issue' --
Judith Curry: 'The trend since 1997 is very
small, much smaller than the decadal trend of
0.2C that we have been led to expect by the IPCC
for the early part of the 21st century...'

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/9435/Oh-My-2010-tied-for-hottest-year-Relax-it-is-purely-a-political-statement--Even-NASAs-Hansen-admits-it-is-not-particularly-important--Prof-mocks-hottest-decade-claim-as-a-joke>Flashback
2010: Oh My! 2010 tied for 'hottest' year?!
Relax, it is 'purely a political statement' --
Even NASA's Hansen admits it is 'not particularly
important' -- Prof. mocks 'hottest decade' claim
as 'a joke' -- 'Claims based on year-to-year
temperature data that differs by only a few HUNDREDTHS of a degree'

<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/12/04/climate-realist-marc-morano-debates-bill-nye-science-guy-global-warmi>Watch
Now: CNN Climate Debate! Climate Depot's Morano
Debates Bill Nye the Science Guy on Piers Morgan
-- Updated Transcript Includes Citations

<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18726/Fmr-Thatcher-advisor-Lord-Monckton-evicted-from-UN-climate-summit-after-challenging-global-warming--Escorted-from-the-hall-and-security-officers-stripped-him-of-his-UN-credentials#commentstop>
Comments
<http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18726/Fmr-Thatcher-advisor-Lord-Monckton-evicted-from-UN-climate-summit-after-challenging-global-warming--Escorted-from-the-hall-and-security-officers-stripped-him-of-his-UN-credentials#commentstop>
0 <http://www.climatedepot.com/print.asp?id=18726>
Print
     Filed under:
<http://www.climatedepot.com/s.asp?tag=qatar>qatar,