[Rushtalk] Census Bureau...legal advice

JD northgate76 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:56:33 MST 2012

The worst they can do is to seek to impose that fine in court.  They will
never do that because they know the enabling statute and the penalty clause
rest on shaky constitutional grounds.  Best advice is to quietly an
politely send them on their way until they give up.
if it gets too bad, call your congressman or seek a TRO.
I threw mine out.  In a public garbage can, of course.  When the census
taker came to call, I shook his hand, thanked him for helping our
government fulfill its constitutional mandate to conduct a decennial
enumeration, told him two people lived here and closed the door.

JD