Well, Gee......I Wonder Why!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Sep 9 23:22:32 MDT 2012

Gun Sales Surging After DNC Convention

Filed under
<http://visiontoamerica.com/category/2012-election-2/>2012 Election,
<http://visiontoamerica.com/category/2nd-amendment-2/>2nd Amendment
Posted on
<http://visiontoamerica.com/12080/gun-sales-surging-after-dnc-convention/>September
8, 2012
<http://visiontoamerica.com/12080/gun-sales-surging-after-dnc-convention/#disqus_thread>147

<http://visiontoamerica.com/12080/gun-sales-surging-after-dnc-convention/>
gun_sales
The gun business is booming. The question is, why?

What's driving the demand that has gun makers cranking up production?

Speculation has focused on fears of a coming regulatory crackdown on
gun ownership. Liberal administrations tend to be anti-gun and so,
the thinking goes, an Obama re-election would set the stage for
stricter gun purchasing requirements. Hence, people are buying now in
anticipation of difficulty later.

Indeed, looking at background checks for gun sales (a metric commonly
used to gauge general industry performance) 2009 showed a measureable
increase that many attributed to Obama's election.

Is it the same this year? Some anecdotal evidence tends to bear that out.

"I should put Obama's picture on the wall up there," said one New
Jersey gun salesman, asking not to be identified. "I'd name him
salesman of the month!"