[Rushtalk] Myth and Truth About Libertarianism

Dennis Putnam, Jr. dput at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 25 09:24:55 MDT 2012

Do you even know why it failed?  I didn't think so, so here you go:

    Each state only had one vote in Congress, regardless of size.
    Congress had not have the power to tax.
    Congress did not have the power to regulate foreign and interstate
commerce.
    There was no executive branch to enforce any acts passed by Congress.
    There was no national court system.
    Amendments to the Articles of Confederation required a unanimous vote.
    Laws required a 9/13 majority to pass in Congress.

Unlike you I am a small government guy.  Big government is the problem.  The
power needs to be local.