[Rushtalk] NFL Outrage

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 25 17:29:59 MDT 2012

At 09:35 AM 9/25/2012, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>I think it has more to do with keeping Obama's gaffes and bad
>economy out of the news than any real outrage over the refs. All
>driven by the Lame Stream Media (apologies to Bernie Goldberg).
>Union refs make just as many mistakes, IMO, as the replacements. Its
>just because they are scabs that the union amplifies and hypes their screw ups.

         When you figure in the amount of money wagered on the
outcome of this game (world-wide) to be in the neighborhood of
$1-billion (as reported by ESPN), you can see why the outrage, but
you are correct, Dennis. More people are worried about losing money
to Angelo, the bookie than Barry, the bungler!

JAQ