[Rushtalk] North Korea

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at verizon.net
Fri Apr 12 17:14:03 MDT 2013

Calm down, John.  Read more carefully.  I wasn't criticizing Dennis's
judgment.  I wasn't criticizing his right to have an opinion because he
wasn't in the service.  I was stressing my exposure to death of shipmates,
and my desire to try to avoid that.

I did, admittedly, call into question taking Dennis' point of view over that
of experienced military leaders.  But, politicians for many years now have
opted to do their own thing - Rumsfeld in particular, over the advice of
those more experienced.  Cheney tried to push his will during the original
Desert Storm/Shield, But general Norman, fortunately, pushed back.