[Rushtalk] Fred Thompson makes a good point here about same sex unions

Carl Spitzer Winblows at lavabit.com
Sat Apr 20 20:54:54 MDT 2013

"To a certain extent, both sides of the debate miss the point. On the
same-sex marriage side, it is said that constitutional interpretation
should comport with evolving public opinion, without the inconvenience
of having to amend the Constitution. They believe that, unlike
yesterday, today “equal protection” requires that states must recognize
same-sex marriage; that “equal protection” means what it says. I assume
that this would mean same-sex bathrooms at public facilities and a
requirement that we draft women if we ever reinstate the draft. It would
mean that a state could not treat adults and children differently in
some cases. Such an interpretation of the equal protection clause would,
of course, have been baffling to the drafters of this provision and to
courts of the last 200 years. That clause means that those who are
similarly situated must be treated similarly without good reason—a
rational basis for not doing so."

--
ObombA did not win erection, Trotskite RINO Mitt Romney threw the
election.  -- Rush Limbaugh