[Rushtalk] HOW 'SEXUAL LIBERTY' DEVOURS REAL LIBERTY

Carl Spitzer Winblows at lavabit.com
Thu Apr 25 09:17:15 MDT 2013

By Lee Duigon <leeduigon at verizon.net>

April 25, 2013

NewsWithViews.com

Whenever there is a conflict between “sexual liberty” and religious
freedom, “I’m having a hard time coming up with any cases in which
religious liberty should win.”

So spoke Chai Feldblum, Georgetown law professor and now a member of the
Obama administration, a commissioner of the EEOC. We understand her to
mean that “sexual liberty,” or the freedom to fornicate, must always
trump the free exercise of religion.

Case in point, and only one of many: the attorney general of the state
of Washington has vowed to fine a florist $2,000 a day because she
committed the crime of refusing to decorate a homosexual mock marriage
event. She, with her little one-shop business, is an enemy of the
people. She must be crushed. And just to make sure she gets the message,
the ACLU is suing her, too. To stop her from being a bully, I guess.

Mind you, this is happening before the Supreme Court discovers a “right
to gay marriage” cleverly concealed within the Constitution. Already the
explicitly-stated First Amendment right to the free exercise of religion
has been made to bow to a “sexual liberty” mentioned nowhere in the
document. Maybe James Madison hid it under the coffee table.

If they come roaring after religious liberty like this before the
Supremes enthrone “gay marriage,” what will life in America be like
afterward?

Oh! But we can just all get along, can’t we?

The homosexual movement is insatiable and unappeasable. Like a fire, it
won’t stop after consuming half the log. It’ll go on and on until either
someone puts it out or all its fuel is consumed and there’s nothing left
to burn.

Here is what we must expect.

The free exercise of the Christian religion will give way to the forced
exercise of the secular humanist religion.

The federal government will force churches to perform same-sex
“marriage” exercises. Pastors and priests will be punished if they speak
against it.

All public schools—in case there are still a few that aren’t already
doing it—will teach the normalization, acceptance, and celebration of
homosexuality. As is already being done, children will be encouraged to
try all sorts of sexual practices. Parents will not be allowed to opt
their children out of these programs, and soon will be stripped of their
right to determine the nature of their own children’s education. The
religious schools will cease to be a refuge; and how long do you think
Christian homeschooling will be allowed?

No one will be permitted to say or publish anything adverse to
homosexuality (this is already the case in Britain and Canada). Our
other First Amendment freedoms—of speech, of the press (presuming,
perhaps wrongly, there’s still anyone among the press who might wish to
exercise this freedom), and of association—will all be subordinated to
“sexual liberty.” The fire will consume them all.

If that’s what we should expect, what ought we to do?

“As for me and my house,” said Joshua, “we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua
24:15)

They can’t jail all the Christians in America. But even if they could,
it wouldn’t let us out of our duty to stay faithful to our Lord and His
commandments.

Refuse, refuse—refuse outright to obey wicked officials in thrall to Big
Sodomy. If your churches surrender, as some have done already, they
aren’t churches anymore. Leave them to their apostasy and form house
churches, as the Christians do in China.

Never, never speak of a same-sex coupling as “marriage.” It is no
marriage, and will never be.

Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!

Enter Your E-Mail Address:

The hard part will be to decide what to do when they come for your
children. But is it so much easier just to sit and suck it up when the
“gender coach” comes to your first-grader’s classroom to teach the
kiddies that “you can be a boy one day and a girl the next, depending on
how you feel”? Is it so much easier to allow your kids to be recruited
to march in a “Trans Pride Parade”?

The longer we wait to re-assert our God-given liberties—as opposed to
newfangled bogus liberties made up by a lot of academic pinheads in
their never-ending quest for a Garden of Eden run by themselves instead
of God—the harder it’ll be to get them back at all. We won’t get them
back for the asking. “Gee, Mr. Gay Activist Judge, I really miss my
religious freedom. Do you think I might have it back, sometime soon? And
maybe a little bit of freedom of speech to go with it?”

Don’t hold your breath waiting for them to say yes.

© 2013 Lee Duigon - All Rights Reserved

Lee Duigon, a contributing editor with the Chalcedon Foundation, is a
former newspaper reporter and editor, small businessman, teacher, and
horror novelist. He has been married to his wife, Patricia, for 34
years. See his new fantasy/adventure novels, Bell Mountain and The
Cellar Beneath the Cellar, available on www.amazon.com

Website: www.LeeDuigon.com

http://www.newswithviews.com/Duigon/lee197.htm
--
ObombA did not win erection, Trotskite RINO Mitt Romney threw the
election.  -- Rush Limbaugh