[Rushtalk] Quite Compelling..........

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Wed Aug 21 00:47:35 MDT 2013

At 02:06 AM 8/21/2013 -0400, John A. Quayle wrote:

>America 3.0: The Coming Reinvention of America

Coming??
Dude, there was a coup in 2001.
Didja miss it?
It started with the Richetag Fire 9-11
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wXcJA-et0>tragedy,
and was completed with the USA Patriot Act.
Our government was created by the
Constitution(s). Since most of the document, at
least the parts that talk about our rights, has
been done away with by the new laws of the new
regime, so too the old American government is gone.
We pretend it's not, the new regime pretends it's not, but it is. Face reality!

> [...]
> custom-tailored drugs, and fewer medical emergencies.
>    * Education will be delivered through a
> variety of media and methods, and traditional
> brick and mortar schools will be far less important than they are today.
>There will be a manufacturing renaissance in the
>United States and the factory floor will be everywhere.
>
>The foregoing are only a few, rather
>conservative, guesses about the future economy.
>Moore’s Law will remain in effect, allowing
>technologies we cannot even imagine today. We
>can only guess what productive breakthroughs lie
>a few decades before us, waiting to be awakened
>by the creative powers of the American people.
>
>Without some sort of major shock, external or
>self-inflicted, an unreformed America might
>drift on for quite a while ­ certainly another
>25 or 30 years ­ without facing and tackling the
>fundamental problems facing it. The institutions
>of America 2.0 can survive a while longer by
>borrowing irresponsibly, defaulting silently on
>creditors through inflation, squeezing taxpayers
>with more thorough intrusion and coercion,
>confiscating the private savings of Americans in
>the guise of “rescuing” them, eating our seed
>corn by confiscating medical facilities and
>running them down without proper reinvestment,
>and in general stripping and looting the country.
>
>But the political and economic model we now live
>under cannot go on forever. Some shock may force
>reform. Let us hope disaster doesn’t strike
>before we can replace and rebuild our current
>rickety system. The best course would be for the
>American people to find the will and the leadership to build something better.
>
>We will get through the painful transition to a
>new economic and technological age, as we have
>done before. And the bedrock of our
>freedom-loving and hard-working culture will
>remain, evolving but continuous, as it has for over a thousand years.
>
>James C. Bennett is a writer and entrepreneur
>who has written extensively on technology,
>culture, and society. Michael J. Lotus writes as
>“Lexington Green” for the Chicago Boyz blog on
>history, politics, and books. He practices law in Chicago.
>

>FURTHER READING: Arthur C. Brooks asks
>“<http://www.aei.org/article/society-and-culture/free-enterprise/are-you-optimistic-about-americas-future/>
>Are You Optimistic About America’s Future?” and
>Charles Murray writes
>“<http://www.american.com/archive/2009/march-2009/the-europe-syndrome-and-the-challenge-to-american-exceptionalism/>
>The Europe Syndrome and Challenges to American
>Exceptionalism.” Josh Good looks at
>“<http://www.american.com/archive/2013/july/rediscovering-american-exceptionalism>
>Rediscovering American Exceptionalism,” James
>Pethokoukis blogs
>“<http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/08/the-washington-post-and-obama-says-america-needs-to-get-used-to-slower-growth-no-it-does-not/>
>The Washington Post (and Obama) says ‘America
>Needs to Get Used to Slower Growth.’ No, It Does

Paf Dvorak

"Right and wrong matter more than legal or illegal."
                         -<http://blog.kentforliberty.com/>Kent
McManigal<http://blog.kentforliberty.com/>