[Rushtalk] Dr. Paul Krugman, Call Your Office!

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Thu Aug 22 09:50:43 MDT 2013

I'd like to now more of how our debt(the portion subject to the budget agreement) has  managed to stay just below the limit for three months now.   Obvious guess is the govt is raiding the trust funds, .....but how so?? SS surplus, postal retirement,  etc... have all been "borrowed" in the sense they are "invested" in govt securities.       Can the govt borrow against the bonds that it bought with borrowed money?   Does our debt have debt?

Tom