[Rushtalk] Duck Dynasty: Fighting the Culture Wars

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 23 21:28:41 MDT 2013

>August 22, 2013
><http://er.eaglerising.com/ga/click/2-12202802-79-2429-4586-58530-4d307ad657-6098cc6347>
>[]

Duck Dynasty: Fighting the Culture Wars

By <http://eaglerising.com/author/onancoca/>Onan
Coca / 22 August 2013 /
<http://eaglerising.com/1367/duck-dynasty-fighting-the-culture-wars/#comments>23
comments
Share1221 Share1365 Tweet37

One of the guys from Duck Dynasty is at it again,
making conservatives proud and reminding us about
the values we should stand for. Patriarch of the
Dynasty clan, Phil Robertson, was
<http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/20/duck-dynasty-stars-passionate-anti-abortion-speech-goes-viral-what-in-the-world-happened-to-us/>giving
a speech in Pennsylvania to a crowd of men on the
virtues of a nation founded on Biblical principles, when he said these words:

“Listen, from the time you started inside your
mother’s womb, Thomas Jefferson had it right, you
have the God-given right to live for crying out loud.”

The video of his speech from 2010 has gone viral,
and it has the pro-life movement energized.
Robertson’s straightforward approach to defending
everyone’s right to life is refreshing, and his
connection to the popular A&E reality series,
Duck Dynasty, gives him a platform to speak and be heard.

(The full speech from Phil Robertson to the men
of Berean Bible Church can be found
<http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0B41BB3029AD5BD3>here,
split into segments.)

For the last forty years, we have sought
government solutions to stopping the abortion
genocide, and for the last forty years, the
government has continued to defy our will. In
fact, the liberal media and the Democrat Party
continue to paint the pro-life movement as
“extreme,” when reality tells us that it’s the
abortion supporters who hold the extreme
position. A recent poll by the liberal flagship
website,
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/abortion-poll_n_3575551.html>The
Huffington Post, found that 59% of Americans
believe abortion should be outlawed after twenty
weeks. In fact, most of the world believes
abortion should be illegal after just 12 weeks.
The only nations in the world to
<http://www.lifenews.com/2013/08/04/u-s-is-one-of-four-nations-to-allow-late-term-abortions-for-any-reason/>allow
abortion after 20 weeks are China, North Korea,
Canada, and the USA. Abortion rights activists are the extreme ones.

Perhaps the better path to seeing abortion banned
is more of what Phil Robertson gives us in this
speech. Men and women with influence standing up
and speaking truth to power about what abortion
really is – the legal murder of a child. While
the states have begun to heed our voices, the
federal government continues to fail us at every
turn. I think it’s time to turn our full efforts
to changing local and state government laws and
regulations, and bypass the federal government altogether.

However, the only real chance we have of fixing
our abortion problem comes by way of a national
revival similar to what Phil Robertson calls for
in his speech. We must return to the values of
our founders: life, liberty, and the pursuit of
happiness. A worldview that is not God-centered
will drive us to destruction. We must RISE UP and
return our nation to its Christo-centric foundation.

Share1221 Share1365 Tweet37
Rate this (40 Votes)

Tags:
<http://eaglerising.com/tag/duck-dynasty/>Duck