[Rushtalk] U.S. Army Trains to Counter Rioting Hurricane Victims

Carl Spitzer Winblows at lavabit.com
Sat Feb 2 08:47:47 MST 2013

U.S. Army North Rapid Response Force Trains to Counter Rioting Hurricane
Victims

December 27, 2012
Source: Public Intelligence

The following photos depict members of the 3rd Battalion, 321st Field
Artillery Regiment (3-321 FAR) training earlier this month in
preparation for their deployment as a “quick reaction and rapid response
force for U.S. Army North Command in support of emergencies in the
United States.”  An article from the 82nd Combat Aviation
Brigade describes the exercise:

        3-321 FAR trains to support US Army North

        FORT BRAGG, N.C. — 82nd Airborne Division Soldiers trained to
        respond to a Category 5 hurricane in and around Simmons Army
        Airfield, Dec. 10 to 12.

        The culminating training event was an opportunity for Troopers
        of 3rd Battalion, 321st Field Artillery Regiment, XVIII Fires
        Brigade, to prepare for their upcoming assignment as a quick
        reaction and rapid response force for U.S. Army North Command in
        support of emergencies in the United States.

        “If the tasks over-exceed the capabilities of the civilian and
        local governments, U.S. Army North has the capability of
        deploying units to the continental United States to assist with
        everything from security operations and critical infrastructure
        to humanitarian assistance,” said Maj. Roy Beeson, the
        operations officer for 3-321 FAR.

        The Thunderbolt battalion’s training centered on preparing to
        deploy by both ground and air, securing an airfield,
        establishing local security, responding to civil disturbances,
        reacting to a biochemical threat and conducting operational
        decontamination.

        “Batteries A and B simulated a ground deployment, securing the
        aerial port of debarkation where humanitarian support supplies
        will fly into and establishing a humanitarian assistance site,”
        said 3-321 FAR Commander Lt. Col. Joe Bookard. “Battery C
        trained to deploy via air, conducting an initial joint technical
        inspection of vehicles and equipment to prepare them for the
        aircraft.”

        After securing and establishing a humanitarian assistance site,
        the Bulldog Troopers of Battery B prepared to distribute food to
        a crowd of simulated U.S. hurricane victims. Sgt. Wesley Powell,
        an artillery section chief, helped search citizens for weapons
        using a metal detector before they entered the site to receive
        aid.

        “I needed to ensure their safety and my own,” said the Cisco,
        Texas, native. “I want the civilians to have confidence in us
        and what we are trying to do for them. I was trying to talk to
        them and reassure them while I searched them, but I needed to
        make sure they didn’t have any weapons or things that could be
        used to harm other civilians or my unit.”

        While distributing the food, some of the citizens became upset
        as they waited, and began to harass the unit and other hurricane
        victims, inciting a riot-like situation.

        “This is a different mission set than what we’re used to – we’re
        artillery, so we’re ready to shoot rounds downrange. Now, we are
        training to provide assistance and security for U.S. citizens.
        We’re identifying how to deal with riot control and other
        disturbances,” said Capt. David Perez, Battery B commander.

        “The ultimate goal is to ensure the safety of the local
        population and that humanitarian aid is being distributed in an
        orderly fashion.”

Denmark, S.C., native, Lt. Col. Joe Bookard, commander, 3rd Battalion,
321st Field Artillery Regiment, XVIII Fires Brigade, speaks to Troopers
of Battery B, 3-321FAR, about their training after they responded to
riot caused by unhappy simulated hurricane victims at a humanitarian
assistance site outside Simmons Army Airfield, Dec. 11. Bookard and his
Soldiers conducted a culminating training event to prepare the unit for
its upcoming assignment as a quick reaction and rapid response force for
the U.S. Army North Command in support of emergencies in the United
States. (Photo by U.S. Army Staff Sgt. April Campbell, 82nd Combat
Aviation Brigade Public Affairs)

During training, Troopers with Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 321st Field
Artillery Regiment, XVIII Fires Brigade, prepare to respond to an
escalating civil-disturbance situation caused by unhappy simulated
hurricane victims at a humanitarian assistance site outside Simmons Army
Airfield, Dec. 11. Riot-control was incorporated into the culminating
training event for 3-321 FAR to prepare the unit for its upcoming
assignment as a quick reaction and rapid response force for the U.S.
Army North Command in support of emergencies in the United States.
(Photo by U.S. Army Staff Sgt. April Campbell, 82nd Combat Aviation
Brigade Public Affairs)

Closeup of previous photo.

During training, Troopers with Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 321st Field
Artillery Regiment, XVIII Fires Brigade, respond to riot caused by
unhappy simulated hurricane victims at a humanitarian assistance site
outside Simmons Army Airfield, Dec. 11. Riot-control was incorporated
into the culminating training event for 3-321 FAR to prepare the unit
for its upcoming assignment as a quick reaction and rapid response force
for the U.S. Army North Command in support of emergencies in the United
States. (Photo by U.S. Army Staff Sgt. April Campbell, 82nd Combat
Aviation Brigade Public Affairs)

Sgt. Wesley Powell, of Cisco, Texas, uses a metal detector to search
simulated hurricane victims at a humanitarian assistance site outside
Simmons Army Airfield, Dec. 11. Powell and other Troopers with Battery
B, 3rd Battalion, 321st Field Artillery Regiment, XVIII Fires Brigade,
later reacted to a riot caused by some of the simulated hurricane
victims. The culminating training event was an opportunity for Troopers
with 3-321 FAR to prepare for their upcoming assignment as a quick

--
ObombA did not win erection, Trotskite RINO Mitt Romney threw the
election.  -- Rush Limbaugh