[Rushtalk] Published: 6 hours ago (03 Feb 2013)

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Mon Feb 4 08:14:12 MST 2013

Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo?

Exclusive: Joseph Farah examines Obama's plan for
'civilian national security force'

Published: 6 hours ago (03 Feb 2013)

Read more at
<http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-government-stockpiling-guns-ammo/#R5QrvVveKwfBhsOe.99>http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-government-stockpiling-guns-ammo/#R5QrvVveKwfBhsOe.99

hollow-point-ammo

Is the U.S. government getting ready for a war we don’t know about?

And, if that’s why Washington is stockpiling
massive amounts of ammunition (hollow points, by
the way), why is Homeland Security doing the
buying instead of the Defense Department?

I have some theories.

Many of you will remember
<http://www.wnd.com/2008/07/69601/>a story I
broke a long time ago – about presidential
candidate Barack Obama’s little-noticed
announcement that, if elected in 2008, he wanted
to create a “civilian national security force” as
big, as strong and as well-funded as the Defense Department.

Here’s what he actually said at a campaign stop
in Colorado July 2, 2008: “We cannot continue to
rely on our military in order to achieve the
national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got
to have a civilian national security force that’s
just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

Could what we see happening now in the Department
of Homeland Security be the beginning of Obama’s
dream and our constitutional nightmare?

We’ve learned more about Obama’s vision since
then. Maybe it’s time for a review:
    * He made the campaign promise to build this
$439 billion domestic army, but all references to
the initiative were inexplicably deleted from the
copy of his speech posted on his website while
others mysteriously disappeared from transcripts
of the speech distributed by the campaign. That was strange – and ominous.
    * At the time, I had never heard anyone use
the phrase “civilian national security force”
before. But I did a little homework and found out
where it originated. It was first proposed by
then Bush administration Defense Secretary Robert
Gates. <http://www.wnd.com/2008/08/72659/>On that
basis alone, I accurately predicted that, if
elected, Obama would name Gates as his own
defense secretary. Needless to say, when that
appointment came to pass, no media outlet
bothered to interview me about my foresight.
    * Still during the campaign of 2008, I
suggested that what Obama had in mind might be
something very sinister indeed – perhaps
<http://www.wnd.com/2008/07/70160/>“some kind of
domestic Big Brother program.”

We never heard another mention of Obama’s
“civilian national security force” again. Not in
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012.

But that brings us up to 2013 and the highly
unusual stockpiling of firearms and ammo by
Homeland Security – firearms and ammo that Obama
would like to deny to ordinary citizens who are
not members of his domestic army.

Well, I hate to say it, but I may have predicted this, too.

<http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obamas-2nd-term-war-on-domestic-opposition/>In
a Halloween column last fall, I stated that, if
re-elected, Obama would “declare a full-scale war on his domestic opposition.”

I wasn’t joking. I was deadly serious – so
serious, in fact, that I did something I pledged
I would never do: Vote for Mitt Romney. It was a
matter of self-defense and self-preservation. I
said then that a second term of Obama might mean
we would never see another free and fair election
in America. (I’m not even sure we saw one in
2012.) I suggested due process would go the way
of the horse and buggy. I said I expected Obama
would move to shut down or destroy all
independent media. I even speculated that his
biggest critics would eventually be rounded up in
the name of national security.

Think about it.

Why does the civilian Department of Homeland
Security need billions of rounds of ammunition?

This is the agency that is responsible for policing the border. But it doesn’t.

This is the agency that is responsible for catching terrorists. But it doesn’t.

So why does Homeland Security need so many
weapons and enough hollow-point rounds to plug every American six times?

Maybe this is the “civilian national security
force that’s just as powerful, just as strong,
just as well-funded” as the Defense Department.

These words – “civilian national security force”
– have haunted me ever since I first read them.

Obama has never explained what he meant.

He’s never been called to account for that remark.

Doesn’t this sound like police-state talk to you?

The U.S. Army alone has nearly 500,000 troops.
That doesn’t count reserves or National Guard. In
2007, the U.S. defense budget was $439 billion.
No one knows what the budget is today because
Congress stopped passing budgets when Obama took office.

Is Obama serious about creating some kind of
domestic security force bigger and more expensive
than that? Is this part of his second-term agenda?

He has also set up,
<http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obamas-2nd-term-war-on-domestic-opposition/>as
I have reported, a new homeland security
bureaucracy to operate under his own direction.

I think it’s worth recalling here that just over
a year ago both houses of Congress unwisely
passed the defense reauthorization bill that
killed the concept of habeas corpus – legislation
that authorized the president to use the U.S.
military to arrest and indefinitely detain
American citizens without charge or trial.

That legislation would empower a lame-duck Obama
to use all of the power of the federal government
– constitutional and unconstitutional – to target his political enemies.

If any Republican, conservative, independent
journalist, pro-life activist, returning veteran,
gun-rights activist, constitutionalist, Bible
believer or critic of Obama thinks they will be
safe in a second term under this would-be despot,
they had better think again – real fast.

The “civilian national security force” is not
here to protect any of them. It’s here to destroy
the opposition. It’s here to destroy liberty.
It’s here to destroy the Constitution.