[Rushtalk] Smart meters in the news

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Wed Feb 13 04:47:06 MST 2013

At 10:58 PM 2/12/2013 -0500, John A. Quayle wrote:
>At 06:58 PM 2/12/2013, Paf Dvorak wrote:

>>>         They aren't looking for ANYBODY's
>>> consent! That's your first error in
>>> judgement. They don't care whether you approve or don't!
>>
>>More proof for my POV than for yours, John.
>
>         Not at all. You have no plan to get rid
> of the vermin. How else will you other than by the ballot box or by firearms?

Neither of those options will make us free. And
it's "the ballot box or by the cartridge box".
And neither will the jury box. That would have
worked, and it still could make a dent, but have
only one more box-option: The soap box.

There was a couple sentences in that
Strike-The-Root thing I just recently posted:
"Walk away and take your spoke out of the wheel
and take it with you, and encourage others to do
the same. The wheel cannot continue to spin
without spokes. Disconnect from the violence.
Unplug. The hub is useless when it is
disconnected from the rest of the wheel."  In
short, <http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/lefevre2.html>abstain from beans:

Abstain From Beans

by Robert LeFevre

<http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php>
[]

In ancient Athens, those who admired the Stoic
philosophy of individualism took as their motto:
"Abstain from Beans." The phrase had a precise
reference. It meant: don't vote. Balloting in
Athens occurred by dropping various colored beans into a receptacle.

To vote is to express a preference. There is
nothing implicitly evil in choosing. All of us in
the ordinary course of our daily lives vote for
or against dozens of products and services. When
we vote for (buy) any good or service, it follows
that by salutary neglect we vote against the
goods or services we do not choose to buy. The
great merit of market place choosing is that no
one is bound by any other person's selection. I
may choose Brand X. But this cannot prevent you from choosing Brand Y.

When we place voting into the framework of
politics, however, a major change occurs. When we
express a preference politically, we do so
precisely because we intend to bind others to our
will. Political voting is the legal method we
have adopted and extolled for obtaining
monopolies of power. Political voting is nothing
more than the assumption that might makes right.
There is a presumption that any decision wanted
by the majority of those expressing a preference
must be desirable, and the inference even goes so
far as to presume that anyone who differs from a
majority view is wrong or possibly immoral.

But history shows repeatedly the madness of
crowds and the irrationality of majorities. The
only conceivable merit relating to majority rule
lies in the fact that if we obtain monopoly
decisions by this process, we will coerce fewer
persons than if we permit the minority to coerce
the majority. But implicit in all political
voting is the necessity to coerce some so that
all are controlled. The direction taken by the
control is academic. Control as a monopoly in the hands of the state is basic.

In times such as these, it is incumbent upon free
men to reexamine their most cherished,
long-established beliefs. There is only one truly
moral position for an honest person to take. He
must refrain from coercing his fellows. This
means that he should refuse to participate in the
process by means of which some men obtain power
over others. If you value your right to life,
liberty, and property, then clearly there is
every reason to refrain from participating in a
process that is calculated to remove the life,
liberty, or property from any other person.
Voting is the method for obtaining legal power to coerce others.

<http://www.veritasbible.com/drb/read/Matthew_22:36>36
Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?
<http://www.veritasbible.com/drb/read/Matthew_22:37>37
Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy
God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind.
<http://www.veritasbible.com/drb/read/Matthew_22:38>38
This is the greatest and the first commandment.
<http://www.veritasbible.com/drb/read/Matthew_22:39>39
And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
<http://www.veritasbible.com/drb/read/Matthew_22:40>40
On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:36-40 : Douay-Rheims Bible

Robert LeFevre (1911–1986) was a businessman and
radio personality, and the founder of the Freedom
School in Colorado Springs, Colorado, whose
purpose was to educate people from all walks of
life in the libertarian intellectual tradition.
Before it closed in 1968, it had featured among
its rotating faculty Rose Wilder Lane, Milton
Friedman, F.A. Harper, Frank Chodorov, Leonard
Read, Gordon Tullock, G. Warren Nutter, Bruno
Leoni, James J. Martin, and even Ludwig von
Mises. His library and papers are housed at the
<http://mises.org>Mises Institute. February 18,
2009 Reprinted from <http://www.voluntaryist.com>Voluntaryist.com

Paf Dvorak

<http://thatswaytoomuch.info/>notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info