[Rushtalk] This is pathetic.

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Wed Feb 13 12:27:45 MST 2013

At 09:48 AM 2/13/2013 -0800, Tom Matiska wrote:
>I was stunned at the number of wack jobs on
>Twitter that treated Dorner as if he were a cult
>hero. It is beyond the pale that some encouraged
>him to fight on and wished he would get some more cops.
>
>Not a single one of these tweets struck me as
>being a disgruntled Romney or Paul supporter.
>Pretty obvious which side of the political
>spectrum helped cultivate their culture of hate.
>
>Tom

". . . that whenever any Form of Government
becomes destructive of these ends, it is the
Right of the People to alter or to abolish it . . . ."

"Disciples of the Founding Fathers often cite the
above extract from the Declaration of
Independence and its endorsement of armed
revolution as the proper and just method for The
People to take back control of The Government run amok.

"Well, we are currently being treated to a live
preview of such action, and I'm sensing that many
upstanding, moral Constitutionalists don't
approve of what they are witnessing. But of
course that’s because they don't make the connection. Or else refuse to.

"If you want to know what revolution looks like,
check out what's happening in California. A
gentleman named Christopher Dorner is currently
undertaking an armed rebellion against a
tyrannical organization. He has killed people and
is threatening to kill some more.

"This is the stark ugliness that is baked into
supposedly noble sentiments such as "The tree of
liberty must be refreshed from time to time with
the blood of patriots and tyrants." If you
disapprove of Mr. Dorner's actions, then I can't
see how you can advocate for revolution, which is
the exact same idea, only with lots more murder.

"Wait­what?! That’s a horribly offensive, invalid
comparison! He killed innocent people! Besides,
he is just an individual. That doesn't count. A
real revolution requires The People to undertake
the measure, not just a single individual who has
irresponsibly decided to take the law into his
own hands. If The People decide to endure the
injustices put forth by the government, then no
individual has the right to take up arms against the system on his own.

"Well, as far as the killing of innocents goes,
in any “real” revolution, there will be many such
people killed. On purpose, even. That is the
price that must be paid if you want to play this
game. In the chaos of revolution, there will be
many Dorners exacting revenge in ways that suit
them. This is Pandora’s Box you’re opening, not a
box of chocolates. Many innocent people will be
killed, and this must be justified as “being
worth it” or else the strategy must be abandoned.

"As for the rest, what a fine example of
Slavespeak! We can kill but you cannot. We are
special and you are mundane. The ugliness you
wreak as an individual is unethical, because only
when We kill in industrial quantities for The One
True Just Cause is such killing justified and
downright noble. As an individual, you are
nothing. You shall bear the thumb being pressed
into your forehead until We decide otherwise. Now
get back in line, you. We are The People. You have been assimilated."

Excerpt from:
<http://www.strike-the-root.com/you-say-you-want-revolution>http://www.strike-the-root.com/you-say-you-want-revolution

Lest you think I want a revolution (since I'm
pretty damned sure you didn't bother to read this
article, watch this video. I agree with it too)
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Fm03LhWvU&feature=player_embedded>So
You Want to Topple the U.S. Government?

(which shows I don't think "we" should have a
revolution...another thought I know you didn't
know because you didn't read the article...)

The soapbox!

Paf Dvorak

<http://thatswaytoomuch.info/>notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info