[Rushtalk] This is pathetic.

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 15 20:18:28 MST 2013

At 07:09 AM 2/15/2013, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>You don't see this among conservative, church-going police officers, do you?
>
>You know, John, church-going doesn’t mean much.

         That's only your opinion. I doubt that
the Holy Father shares your assessment. I'll also
bet your pastor and bishop don't, either.

>I put far more importance on what a man or woman
>does during the other 167 hours in the
>week.  And during that time period, it’s really
>hard to tell.  I don’t see much real
>Christianity, John.  I see and hear a lot of lip
>service, a lot of Bible thumping – only used to
>condemn actions of others, and the word
>“Christianity” bandied about to pat ourselves on
>the back and to point the finger of accusation at others, but that’s about it.

         You need to get out more. Are you
involved in the Knights of Columbus, for example?

>Christianity isn’t in church on Sunday, not in
>our words used against others, and not in the
>show we put on for others to see.  It’s in our
>hearts, in our actions, and it’s in our attitudes.

         You are preaching to the choir.................

>I love the song “And they’ll know we are
>Christians by our love, by our love.  Yes
>they’ll know we are Christians by our
>love.”  (Title of the song is “We are one in the
>Spirit, we are one in the Lord”, and I do not
>know to whom to give credit.)  Well, John, I am
>still searching for that. Even here.

         If you are looking for the weak-willed
and milque-toast attitudes that believe anything
goes - that isn't Christianity! Christ, Himself,
said that He came to divide people, not bring them together!