[Rushtalk] Lib-Talker Quits Radio Show In Disgust!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 16 22:34:54 MST 2013

Lib Radio Host So Upset at Pro-Gun Listeners, He Quits

02/12/13

<http://www.examiner.com/article/liberal-radio-host-so-turned-off-by-listeners-gun-views-he-quits-own-show>From
Examiner:

Suppose you're a libtalker with your own call-in radio show. You have
your own bully pulpit, but yours callers simply won't listen to
reason. Do you cut their mikes? Nope, you cut your own.

That's what Tim Benz, co-host of the "Morning Show" on Pittsburgh
alternative rock station 105.9 The X, did Friday morning.
<http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/3450451-74/benz-gun-station#axzz2KGEgFFsP>TribLive
reports that Benz became so frustrated with his listeners' misguided
opposition to his support for stricter gun laws that he walked away
from his console, leaving dead air behind him.

Benz is quoted as saying:

There was a flare-up about
<http://www.examiner.com/topic/gun-control>gun control on the show,
which included a good deal of flashback against the station. I wasn't
able to walk away from the fight ... [so] I decided to step away from
the Morning Show.

When you're a morning show host in a town of blue-collar workers who
love their guns and the Second Amendment, you're going to [anger] a
lot of people.

Read more at
<http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130212005-lib-host-quits.html?A=1#TTXMr6qcPGb2EM6w.99>http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130212005-lib-host-quits.html?A=1#TTXMr6qcPGb2EM6w.99