[Rushtalk] Don't Mess With Texas!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 19 12:53:35 MST 2013

<http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/crime_and_punishment/>Crime

Deyfon Pipkins Was Shot While Crawling Into a Stranger's Window. His
Mom's Not Surprised.

By <http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/author.php?author_id=3578>Eric
Nicholson Tue., Feb. 19 2013 at 6:55 AM
<http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/02/deyfon_pipkins_was_shot_and_ki.php#Comments>26
Comments<http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/02/deyfon_pipkins_was_shot_and_ki.php#Comments>
[]

Categories:
<http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/crime_and_punishment/>Crime

DeyfonPipkins.jpg

mugshotsonline.com
Deyfon Pipkins
Deyfon Pipkins has spent a lot of time in the Dallas County jail over
the past decade, having been arrested a half dozen times on theft
charges since 2003.

Police say he was back at it again at 4:15 p..m. on Monday afternoon,
when he targeted a house in the 2200 block of Morrell Avenue in East Oak Cliff.

This time, the 33-year-old's luck was worse than usual. The elderly
homeowner, who wasn't identified by police, was there, and he had a
gun. When he heard Pipkins trying to crawl through his window, he shot him.

When police arrived, they found Pipkins' lifeless body hanging from
the open window.

Pipkins mother, Catherine Pipkins, arrived as police were
investigating. She was not surprised.

"Yeah, it's something he would do ... Somebody called me and said my
son got shot that's the reason I'm standing here," she
<http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Homeowner-Shoots-Kills-Man-Climbing-Through-Window-191753621.html>told
NBC 5.

Police say the case will be referred to a grand jury to determine if
charges should be filed against the homeowner.