[Rushtalk] The Left's Hate Speech........

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 2 16:51:33 MST 2013

We'll 'pry guns from cold, dead fingers'

Columnist proposes killing NRA members, dragging Republicans behind pickups

Published: 22 hours ago
author-image
  by <http://www.wnd.com/author/dzahn/>Drew Zahn
<mailto:dzahn at wnd.com>Email | <http://www.wnd.com/author/dzahn/>Archive
<http://www.wnd.com/author/dzahn/feed>
rss feed
<http://www.wnd.com/author/dzahn/feed> Subscribe to feed
Drew Zahn is a former pastor who cut his editing
teeth as a member of the award-winning staff of
Leadership, Christianity Today's professional
journal for church leaders. He is the editor of
seven books, including
<http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Based-Illustrations-Preaching-Teaching-1/dp/0310248329?_encoding=UTF8&tag=wnd-20&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&qid=1324175163&camp=1789&sr=8-1&creative=9325>Movie-Based
Illustrations for Preaching & Teaching, which
sparked his ongoing love affair with film and his
weekly WND column, "Popcorn and a
(world)view."<http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/pry-guns-from-cold-dead-fingers-works-for-me/#>More

    *
<http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/pry-guns-from-cold-dead-fingers-works-for-me/print/>
    Printer Friendly

    * Text smaller
    * Text bigger
130101colddeadfingers2

DES MOINES, Iowa – For 50 years, the left-leaning
columnist Donald Kaul has raged against guns, but
after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre,
he says, it’s time for “anger,” killing gun
owners and dragging legislators who disagree with
gun control behind pickup trucks until they get the message.

The Pulitzer Prize-nominated columnist penned
<http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012312300033&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1>an
alarming screed published in the Des Moines
Register in which he further suggested the Second
Amendment be repealed and the National Rifle
Association be declared a terrorist organization.

“During my 50-year career,” Kaul wrote, “every
time some demented soul would take a
semiautomatic gun and clean out a post office, a
school or a picnic, I’d get up on my soap box and
let loose with a withering diatribe about guns,
the National Rifle Association and weak-kneed
politicians. Did it about 75 times, give or take.”

Yet each time, he lamented, the only result was a spike in gun sales.
[]

Donald Kaul

“That’s obscene,” he opined. “Here, then, is my
‘madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore’
program for ending gun violence in America.”

His first step: “Repeal the Second Amendment, the
part about guns anyway. It’s badly written,
confusing and more trouble than it’s worth.

Surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned
weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting
when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun
should be a privilege, not a right.”

Second: “Declare the NRA a terrorist organization
and make membership illegal.
 Make ownership of
unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some
people refused to give up their guns, that
‘prying the guns from their cold, dead hands’ thing works for me.”

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John
Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the
back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around
a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

“And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

Kaul explains his dramatic measures this way:
“The thing missing from the debate so far is
anger – anger that we live in a society where
something like the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre
can happen and our main concern is not offending the NRA’s sensibilities.”

It would appear Kaul has supplied his missing ingredient.