[Rushtalk] Not April 1st

William White wbbanjo at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 22:12:56 MST 2013

Alfonzo Rachel is PDG.

Bill

________________________________
 From: John A. Quayle <blueoval57 at verizon.net>
To: Rushtalk Discussion List <rushtalk at csdco.com>; Rushtalk Discussion List <rushtalk at csdco.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Rushtalk] Not April 1st

At 01:59 PM 1/5/2013, Tom Matiska wrote:

Aprils Fools Day was replaced
with November Fools Day this year.
         Sadly.............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb6Hv4nJ40U

>Tom
>

>--- On Sat, 1/5/13, Paf Dvorak <notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info> wrote:
>

>From: Paf Dvorak <notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info>
>
>Subject: [Rushtalk] Not April 1st
>
>To: Hale_Bobb at yahoogroups.com, rushtalk at csdco.com
>
>Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 12:55 PM
>

>If today was April fools day I could understand
a story like this...

>Can We Avert The Coming Debt Ceiling Crisis With A Magic Coin?

pm EST

>Because of the deal made on New Year's Day that averted the immediate
impact of the so-called fiscal cliff, America will face a sequel to the
debt ceiling hostage crisis that led to the super committee and the
sequester and the fiscal cliff and the fiscal cliff solution and the
sequel to the debt ceiling hostage crisis that led to the super committee
and the sequester and the fiscal cliff and the fiscal cliff solution, et
cetera, ad infinitum. The best of all possible fiscal cliff deals would
have included a guaranteed de-weaponization of the debt ceiling. Since
the fiscal cliff deal did not include any such de-weaponization,
America's credit and the global economy are still very much jeopardized by the dangerous lunatics who have threatened
another round of hostage-taking.

>What can be done about it? Well, what about a magic trillion-dollar
coin, wrought from platinum? Would that help?

>Actually, in an interview with Capital New York's Reid Pilifant, Rep. Jerrold
Nadler (D-N.Y.) suggests that it is possible to mint just such a coin,
stick it in the Federal Reserve, and stick a fork in the coming debt
ceiling crisis before it begins. "I'm being absolutely
serious," Nadler told Pilifant, adding, "It sounds silly but
it's absolutely legal. And it would normally not be proper to consider
such a thing, except when you're faced with blackmail to destroy the
country's economy, you have to consider things."

>Yes, it would be good to have some "things" you can do to
save the planet from the debt ceiling psychopaths. But how does the magic
platinum coin work? In the video above, we attempt to explain the whole
matter without having our heads explode, right down to whether or not
America is doomed if that master pickpocket from that great New Yorker article steals the
magic platinum coin.

>UPDATE: A group of citizens is petitioning President Barack Obama to begin minting platinum coins.
If the petition garners 25,000 signatures, the White House will be
required to respond. The petition reads:

>"With the creation and Treasury deposit of a new platinum coin
with a value of $1 trillion US Dollars, we would avert the
absurd-yet-imminent debt ceiling faceoff in Congress in two quick and
simple steps! While this may seem like an unnecessarily extreme measure,
it is no more absurd than playing political football with the US -- and
global -- economy at stake."