[Rushtalk] Smart Meters

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 25 21:07:46 MST 2013

Fascist City Arrests Two Moms for Opposing 'Smart Meters' in Homes

posted on
<http://godfatherpolitics.com/9154/city-arrests-two-moms-for-opposing-smart-meters-in-homes/>January
25, 2013 by <http://godfatherpolitics.com/author/tadcronn/>Tad Cronn
<http://godfatherpolitics.com/9154/city-arrests-two-moms-for-opposing-smart-meters-in-homes/#disqus_thread>362

<http://godfatherpolitics.com/9154/city-arrests-two-moms-for-opposing-smart-meters-in-homes/>
UN
Two Naperville, Illinois, mothers found out what happens to Americans
who think they can determine for themselves what is in their best interests.

Malia "Kim" Bendis and Jennifer Stahl were arrested when the city
sent around armed police officers to escort power company technicians
to install "smart meters" on private homes where owners had
previously refused to allow the devices.

Both Stahl and Bendis are leaders of a group called Naperville Smart
Meter Awareness which opposes the smart meters for, as the Chicago
Tribune put it, "health, security and privacy" concerns. The group is
suing the city over the installations which have already occurred in
over 57,000 homes.

The city says the wireless meters will make electricity more
reliable, more efficient and cheaper. Its installation project is 99
percent complete, according to city officials, except for a few
holdouts like Stahl and Bendis.

Smart meters have been installed in homes across the nation under the
same pretexts. The truth about smart meters is less innocent than
government at all levels has let on. The devices were conceived and
designed as part of the broader environmental program that has been
adopted under Agenda 21.

There are several health concerns about the wireless meters,
including exposure to radiation and electromagnetic fields. Some
people are apparently sensitive enough that they can hear a
high-pitched buzz or hum from the meters. Health problems that have
been documented after installation of the meters have included
headaches, insomnia, increased irritability, inability to
concentrate, memory problems, dizziness, fatigue, vision problems,
nose bleeds, nausea, heart arrhythmia and a whole list of other
ailments that some doctors have linked to interference with the human
body's nervous system.

As bad as all that is, however, the most urgent reason to oppose
smart meters is because they are fascism in a box. The touted
efficiency and reliability increases of the meters arise because the
meters patch a home into a computerized network that allows faceless
technocrats at some faraway power facility to determine if you are
using too much electricity and control the utilities and even
appliances in your home. With smart meters, the utility company can
turn down or cut off the flow of electricity to your house, adjust
your thermostat without your knowledge and monitor your usage in real
time. If you have modern computerized appliances, they can control
your washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, even your coffeemaker.

Stahl said utility workers ignored a posted sign refusing to allow a
smart meter, cut a lock on her gate and forced entry into her
backyard. When she stood in front of her meter and refused to move,
the police stepped in and arrested her. Bendis declined to speak to
reporters on advice of her attorney.

"It was forced on my house today," Stahl said. "It was really a
violation. I violated something, but I've been violated too, so I
guess we're now in a society of violating one another."

She said her group represents other homeowners who were not allowed
to refuse the smart meter installation.

The city offers a wired version of the meters but forces recipients
to pay a $70 fee for installation and an additional $25 per month.

City Manager Doug Krieger defended the arrests, saying that police
were simply protecting utility workers at homes where owners had
resisted previous attempts at installation. He said, "The city has
always had and maintains the right to access our equipment, and today
we were simply exercising that right."

Protecting Americans' rights, on the other hand, apparently isn't in the plan.