[Rushtalk] From Brent Bozell

Richard Whitenight rwhitenight2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:48:37 MST 2013

On Sunday's edition of ABC's *The Week*, Martha Raddatz managed to conduct
a six minute-long interview with Democratic Senator Bob Menendez without
asking a single question about an FBI investigation into allegations that
he slept with underage prostitutes while in the Dominican Republic.

Instead Raddatz lobbed softball questions at Menendez about Sec. Hillary
Clinton's performance during the Benghazi hearings, immigration reform,
Chuck Hagel, and the upcoming Senate race in New Jersey.

In response, I blasted ABC and Martha Raddatz with the following public
statement:

*If there were even a whisper that a Republican Senator had been sleeping
with underage prostitutes, the very first question from Martha Raddatz
would have been about those allegations.

When it surfaces that a Democrat may have done something tawdry, the
liberal media suddenly lose their journalistic curiosity.

The allegations surfaced on Friday, and it was Raddatz's responsibility as
a journalist to ask Menendez about them on the record.

The MRC isn't taking a position on the allegations one way or the other,
but the question should have been asked.*

Sincerely,

L. Brent Bozell III
Founder and President
Media Research Center