[Rushtalk] Happy Death-by-Government Day!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 5 14:02:59 MDT 2013

At 10:42 AM 6/5/2013, JD wrote:
>Well, we lost Nam and maintained our freedom somehow. And McNamara
>later admitted the domino theory

         Well, much of the stuff we heard from the media was wrong
about winning/losing. Long-timers on this list surely will remember
former members, David Gonzalez and Michael Spearing, both of whom
flew planes in 'Nam, according to what they told me off-list. We
actually won much of the war - including the Tet Offensive, which was
gleefully reported as a huge loss by Walter Cronkite.

JAQ