[Rushtalk] Happy Death-by-Government Day!

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Fri Jun 14 21:46:33 MDT 2013

At 07:35 PM 6/14/2013 -0700, Tom Matiska wrote:
>--- On Fri, 6/14/13, Paf Dvorak <notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info> wrote:
>
>And your point of view is that states don't have
>the right to separate from the feds for any reason.
>
>NO! NO! NO! I said the reason for their secession was clearly slavery.

No, it was property rights.
Slaves being the property.
I'm intereted in your reasons why it took so long for Lincoln

Apprehension seems to exist among the people of
the Southern States that by the accession of a
Republican Administration their property and
their peace and personal security are to be
endangered. There has never been any reasonable
cause for such apprehension. Indeed, the most
ample evidence to the contrary has all the while
existed and been open to their inspection. It is
found in nearly all the published speeches of him
who now addresses you. I do but quote from one of
those speeches when I declare that­
I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to
interfere with the institution of slavery in the
States where it exists. I believe I have no
lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

To pass the emancipation proclamation.
Paf Dvorak

<http://thatswaytoomuch.info/>notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info