[Rushtalk] Fwd: Got tyranny? Sowed in 1963 ... reaped in 2013

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 15 19:59:36 MDT 2013

WND EXCLUSIVE

Radical court decisions blamed on disintegrating society

Son of atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair: 3-generation stability obliterated

Published: 2 hours ago
author-image
  <http://www.wnd.com/author/runruh/>Bob Unruh
About | <mailto:runruh at wnd.com>Email |
<http://www.wnd.com/author/runruh/?archive=true>Archive
Bob Unruh joined WND in 2006 after nearly three
decades with the Associated Press, as well as
several Upper Midwest newspapers, where he
covered everything from legislative battles and
sports to tornadoes and homicidal survivalists.
He is also a photographer whose scenic work has been used commercially.
<http://www.wnd.com/author/runruh/feed>
rss feed
<http://www.wnd.com/author/runruh/feed> Subscribe to feed
    *
<http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/radical-court-decisions-blamed-on-disintegrating-society/print/>
    Printer Friendly

    * Text smaller
    * Text bigger
Court1967

Did the radical court decisions of the 1960s
cause the decline in society’s morals? Or were
the court decisions a reflection of societal plunge in standards?

“During the 1960s the drug and ‘gay’ counter
culture of San Francisco flourished, and nude
bathing at a park in Austin, Texas, began,” said
William J. Murray, chairman of the
<http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/radical-court-decisions-blamed-on-disintegrating-society/www.ReligiousFreedomCoalition.org>Religious
Freedom Coalition.

“New York City in the 1960s was far worse than
portrayed in the movie, ‘The Cross and the
Switchblade’; the city was a hell hole on the
edge of bankruptcy,” he said. “Anti-war protests
encouraged by money from the Soviet KGB filled
the streets of cities, and a communist by the
name of Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated President John F. Kennedy.”

It was on his behalf that his mother, famed
atheist Madalyn Murray O’Hair, filed a lawsuit
claiming compulsory prayer and Bible reading in
public schools is unconstitutional.

“Is this the idyllic ‘Leave it to Beaver’ 1960s you recall?” he continued.

“The 1963 case removing prayer from the schools
did not bring any of this about; rather the case
was a result of the culture of the 1960s. An
activist Supreme Court led by a former Republican
governor who was a radical leftist on moral
issues and who saw himself as the leading edge of
the sexual and cultural revolution of the 1960s,” he said.

Murray tells his story in the book,
<http://superstore.wnd.com/books/books-by-subject/My-Life-Without-God-Paperback_2>“My
Life Without God.”

<http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/radical-court-decisions-blamed-on-disintegrating-society/#>Prayer
in the schools 50 years ago, said Murray, “had
little to do with morality and a lot to do with authority.”

He noted the speaker of the House of
Representatives, the second most powerful man in
America, has the words “In God We Trust” engraved
over his chair in the House Chamber.

“This is more than the national motto; it was
meant to be the real source of authority for our
government,” he said. “If rights come from God
they cannot be taken away, but if they come from
government, a simple majority vote can void those
rights,” he continued. “Fifty years ago prayer
and Bible reading represented the authority of
God over the school, the teachers and the
students. Bowing of heads in the
<http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/radical-court-decisions-blamed-on-disintegrating-society/#>morning
for prayer was much more about surrendering to
the authority of God than about learning ‘morals.’”

<http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/nations-morals-plunged-after-50-godless-years/murray_william-300x140-2/>
[]
He said that as his mother fought to remove
prayer from the public schools, he was attending
an all boys school in downtown Baltimore, Md.

“The school was a magnet school before the term
even existed and was intended to prepare young
men for
<http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/radical-court-decisions-blamed-on-disintegrating-society/#>colleges,
majoring in science and engineering. There were
1,800 young men in the school and there was not a
cop in the building, ever. The doors were
unlocked and often the un-air-conditioned rooms
had open windows. There were no metal detectors,
and students went in and out the doors on the
honor system,” he said. He told WND that it is
time to stop pretending the 1960s were something they were not.

They had the “make love not war” drug culture of
Timothy Leary and boastful homosexual elected
officials in San Francisco, he said.

Along came the Murray v. Curlett case, which was
decided by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 17, 1963, 50 years ago.

He pointed to two other cases against Bible
reading in school and the landmark abortion case,  Roe v. Wade.

“The logic in those cases continues today – the
Living Constitution logic – this logic reduces
our republic to the status of democracy, which is in fact mob rule,” he said.

<http://superstore.wnd.com/books/books-by-subject/My-Life-Without-God-Paperback_2>
[]
Murray said he “remembered the 1960s that I was a part of.”

“My mother managed the Communist party bookstore
in Baltimore, Md., and was the chairman of the
pro-Castro, Fair Play for Cuba Committee,” he said.

“Far from being the poor persecuted atheist boy,
I was the president of the United Nations Club at
my high school, the gathering place for the far
left. Radical unions associated with the
International Workers of the World controlled
most major ports in America. The Weather
Underground was killing cops and robbing banks
for the ‘revolution’ and Charles Manson led a
cult that killed far more people than he was ever
tried for. Meanwhile Harvard Professor Timothy
Leary advocated LSD for everyone,” Murray wrote.

“The question of course is, ‘Why is it even worse
today? Why do we have a militarized police force,
cameras on every corner and social order out of control?’

“The honest answer is that the nation is now
populated not with the children of the Greatest
Generation, but the children of the 1960s
counter-culture induced by drugs and ‘free’ sex,” he said.

“The cohesive family, the three generation family
and the stability it represented has been
obliterated, and not by the lack of three minutes
of prayer in the schools, but by a systematic

attack by government that began long before the 1963 prayer case,” said Murray.