[Rushtalk] PRISM

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Wed Jun 19 22:36:48 MDT 2013

--- On Wed, 6/19/13, Paf Dvorak <notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info> wrote:
 I agree with Carl.  I don't use
cloud storage.  In fact, I like to refer to it as clown
storage.

I think anyone who would use the cloud for holding anything they value is
a fool.

If they even know they are using cloud networking. I had no clue who Danger Inc was or that my phone used their cloud until T-Mobile had to explain my data loss to me.   T-Moblie replaced my old Nokia with a new phone they bought from Danger who backed up their cloud on Microsoft servers, who later bought Danger, who paid Hitachi to upgrade them....... yada ..yada... yada...  four companies later my data was  gone..  Are you sure your online backup isn't going through some company's cloud?

Tom