[Rushtalk] Kenyan makes border safer for unregistered democrats

Carl Spitzer Winblows at lavabit.com
Sat Mar 2 11:56:35 MST 2013

        Obama Closing Air Defense System on U.S./Mexico Border: Texas &
          America Vulnerable to Attack from Low Altitude Missiles and
                                    Aircraft

        http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/obama-closing-air-defense-system-us/mexico-border-texas-america-vulnerable-005033

                                By David Bellow

         http://texasgopvote.com/sites/default/files/300px-MarfaTX.jpeg

        updates:

        Outrage Growing over Obama Cutting Homeland Security U.S. Border
        Air Defense System (TARS)

        White House Petition Asks Obama Not to Shut Down TARS Air
        Defense System on Southern Border

        Call your Congressmen and Senators immediately and demand that
        the recent budget cuts do not affect the security of America’s
        borders.

        The Federal Government wastes billions of dollars on things they
        should not even be involved in, but securing our country’s
        borders is one of the jobs that the federal government is
        actually supposed to do!

        Obama has always pushed massive cuts in the military as part of
        any budget cuts he will accept in fiscal deals.

        Obama seems to be getting what he wants, and it will leave
        America’s borders vulnerable to attacks and other
        infiltrations.

        Air Force’s Air Defense Radar Systems along U.S./Mexico Border
        will SHUTDOWN on March 15th, 2013

        On January 17th, 2013, Exelis Systems Corporation sent out an
        email (see email below) to all of its employees informing them
        that on March 15th, 2013 all TARS Air Defense Mission Operations
        will permanently cease. These TARS Air Defense sites were under
        the control of the United States Air Force. On January 15th,
        2013, the Air Force informed Exelis (the defense contractor
        running the TARS sites) that the TARS sites will be shut down.
        Exelis tried to then negotiate with the Department of Homeland
        Security to see if they would take over the vital project, but
        it seems as though those negotiations have failed. What does
        this mean?

        This means the southern border of the United States of America
        will be more vulnerable to attack from low flying aircrafts, low
        altitude missiles, and other infiltrations such as smuggling.

        Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one Exelis employee had
        this to say about the announced closure of the TARS sites:

        “Not only will this closure mean hundreds of people will be out
        of jobs, but it also means our borders will not be safe,
        especially along the remote U.S. Mexico Border like in Texas.
        These defense radars detect low flying aircraft infiltrating our
        borders. Without these defense radars, low flying aircraft will
        go undetected. It will be open season for any drug/gun/slave
        smugglers, terrorists flying in with nukes, low altitude
        missiles, or even a full scale low elevation invasion/attack
        against America.”

        According to the Air Force’s website, the Tethered Aerostat
        Radar System, or TARS, is an aerostat-borne, surveillance
        program. Using the aerostat as a stationary airborne platform
        for a surveillance radar, the system is capable of detecting low
        altitude aircraft at the radar's maximum range by mitigating
        curvature of the earth and terrain masking limitations.

        TARS provides a detection and monitoring capability along the
        United States-Mexico border, the Florida Straits, and a portion
        of the Caribbean in support of the Department of Defense
        Counterdrug Program.

        The primary agencies using the TARS surveillance data include
        U.S. Northern Command in support of Customs and Border
        Protection (Air and Marine Operations Center and Caribbean Air
        and Marine Operations Center) and U.S. Southern Command in
        support of Joint Interagency Task Force-South. In addition to
        its counterdrug mission, TARS surveillance data also supports
        North American Aerospace Defense Command's air sovereignty
        mission for the continental United States.

        Email Sent to all Exelis Employees January 17th, 2013 Announcing
        Closure of TARS Air Defense Sites:

        Subject: TARS Contract Update

        Tuesday, 15 January 2013, we received a government request for a
        proposal (RfP) to de-scope and close the TARS program by the end
        of the fiscal year. The government indicated that it does not
        intend to exercise the final two option years for the TARS
        contract. In the RfP, the government also indicated its intent
        that aerostat flight operations will cease on March 15, 2013,
        and that the remainder of the fiscal year will be used to
        deflate aerostats, disposition equipment, and prepare sites for
        permanent closure. We are currently reviewing all the details of
        the RfP and evaluating the possible impacts on the program and
        our workforce. We continue to communicate with the government on
        this matter, and we will have more information in the coming
        days and weeks.

        The TARS program provides a critical capability to the U.S.
        government and we should remain focused on providing that
        service in an uninterrupted and robust manner.

        The best thing we can do right now is to continue to provide the
        outstanding TARS support that has become the Exelis hallmark,
        while allowing the company and the government time to continue
        discussions on how to best support the customer, the program,
        and our workforce. We will provide regular updates as we know
        more. Should you have a specific question, please address them
        to Tim Green, Program Manager.

        Tim Green, PMP
        Program Manager
        Tethered Aerostat Radar System
        Exelis Systems Corporation

         407561_10150549641932740_92943557739_9134506_1646531544_n.jpg