[Rushtalk] Well, Would Ya Look At This!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 9 23:55:11 MST 2013

         Friends, I am not about to deny anyone
their right to self-protection by any means they
see fit. If someone had shot MY wife, you can bet
the rent that I'd have purchased an AR-15 the
very next day. My problem is with the hypocrisy
of these people - the attitude, "all for me and none for thee." - JAQ

Gabby Giffords's Husband Buys An AR-15..........

[]

  1622
  18
  16.6K

----------
Email Article
Print Article
<http://www.breitbart.com/System/Breitbart%20Send%20A%20Tip?page=%2fBig-Government%2f2013%2f03%2f09%2fGabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out>Send
a Tip
by
<http://www.breitbart.com/Columnists/AWR-Hawkins-And-Neil-McCabe>AWR
Hawkins & Neil McCabe 9 Mar 2013, 3:28 PM PDT
<http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out#disqus_thread>374
<http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out#comments>post
a comment

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband
to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently
purchased an AR-15 (an "assault weapon," he
called it)­which he now says he intended as an
illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a
1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona.

Breitbart News received a tip on this when Neil
McCabe, editor of Guns & Patriots newsletter, contacted us on March 7 and said:

Mark E. Kelly, made purchases which included an
AR-15--sometimes described as an "assault
rifle"--at 3:30 pm on the afternoon of March 5 at
Diamondback Police Supply, 170 S. Kolb Street, Tucson, AZ.

According to McCabe, witnesses to the purchases
claimed Kelly purchased "high capacity" magazines as well.

On March 6, McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control
group--"Americans for Responsible Solutions"--and
on March 8 they replied that his message had been
passed on to colleagues who handle press
requests. Breitbart News then began investigating
the details surrounding the purchase, including visiting the gun store.

Suddenly, Kelly
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=474203615968235&set=a.215073368547929.71130.163148530407080&type=1>announced
on his Facebook page that he was not going to
keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a
<http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out#>background
check a few days ago when I went to my local gun
store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a
used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an
assault weapon, the background check only takes a
matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it
yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

Testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee Jan.
30, Kelly had urged senators to restrict sales
firearms based on their lethality--a common
refrain with other witnesses that day, who argued
that semi-automatic weapons, which chamber
subsequent rounds as bullets are fired, and other
guns with military-style features level the
playing field against law enforcement.

Kelly and Giffords founded their own advocacy
group to restrict gun rights, Americans for
Responsible Solutions, in January. On its
website, ARS
<http://americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/solutions/limiting-high-capacity-magazines/>wrote:
“High capacity magazines are a deadly factor in
gun violence.” A 30-round magazine is considered a high-capacity magazine.

The ARS website says: “Congress should act to
limit the sale of
<http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out#>high
capacity magazines, which are not needed for
hunting or self-defense, but have proven very lethal.”

Similarly, the ARS website says: “Congress should
act to limit the sale of assault weapons.

In February, Kelly told Fox News Sunday's Chris
Wallace that lawmakers need to address
"<http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday-chris-wallace/2013/02/03/capt-mark-kelly-wayne-lapierre-chances-compromise-gun-control-debate#p//v/2139988959001>assault
weapons." He said the purpose of an "assault
weapon" is "to kill a lot of people very
quickly," and he lamented that such products were "too readily available."

Kelly has not commented on whether he will also
return the .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he purchased.

Photo: Captain Mark Kelly/Facebook

This post has been updated.