[Rushtalk] Outnumbered but not Outgunned

Carl Spitzer Winblows at lavabit.com
Sun Mar 10 10:20:02 MDT 2013

November 16, 2012
Outnumbered but not Outgunned
By T.S. Weidler

After two resounding wins, it is clear that liberal Barack Obama
supporters strongly outnumber conservatives in the U.S. He won the 2012
election with roughly 7 million fewer votes than the 2008 election, and
it was still more than enough. We are outnumbered.

Do you know what he did on his first day back at work while you were
staring sullenly at the electoral map?

He greenlighted the United Nations Arms Control Treaty, which he plans
to use as a springboard for a national gun registration list, followed
by confiscation. Do not be surprised. All Marxists do this, and Obama
has frequently stated his intentions. He is working quickly, on his
first day after re-election. This treaty, even if it dies like so many
other things the U.N. touches, will at least cause higher prices as it
eliminates the importation of ammunition and guns. Obama has assured us
that it will not threaten our Second Amendment rights. Do you believe
him?

This is a man who doesn't even believe in Second Amendment rights. While
teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago, Obama told Dr.
John Lott that he believed people should not be allowed to have guns.
Apparently, knowing the meaning of the Second Amendment is not a
requirement for constitutional law professors these days. After seeing
that he has us outnumbered, it is alarming that his first priority is to
ensure that we are also outgunned.

But we are not outgunned yet. If you, like millions of other Americans,
noticed that the value of your stock holdings dropped precipitously the
day after Obama was elected, and the following day... and the day after
that too, you may be curious to know there is one sector that has been
gaining big: guns and ammo. Ruger (RGR) and S&W (SWHC) had a banner week
while the rest of the market tanked. That is because millions of us all
around the country rushed to our nearest gun stores on Wednesday and
bought as much as we could bring home, while we still could. For the
past four years the gun industry is the only sector that has seen
consistent, nonsubsidized growth, and it is the only sector Obama won't
boast about.

Think of it as a reverse bank run. When people fear the banks aren't
trustworthy, they rush to the bank to pull out their money. When people
fear that the government isn't trustworthy, they rush to the gun stores
to spend their money. This is a uniquely American privilege that is not
possible in most other countries around the world, and may not be
available here for much longer either. If you haven't participated in
it, you aren't taking him seriously.

My local shop had a full parking lot overflowing onto two side streets
at 11:00 AM on Wednesday after the election. They were completely sold
out of 12 gauge buckshot and slugs, and running very low on 5.56 NATO.
In the time it took me to browse the store, two different people walked
out with AR-15s. For those who aren't familiar, AR-15s are the right
hand of freedom in America. Barack Obama, like all tyrants, wants to
make sure he has them and we don't. They will be the first guns he puts
limits on, but not the last.

Complete control and confiscation of all civilian guns is a major goal
for Obama. In 2004, while in the Illinois senate, he voted to make it
illegal for people to use guns in self defense. He has argued for a 500%
tax on guns and ammunition sales, and voted to allow civil
lawsuits against gun manufacturers, for the purpose of running them out
of business. Aside from these legislative goals, there is the specter of
his Supreme Court appointments, who will continue to approve any and
every bill with his signature on it.

Do not chuckle about the gun store runs of the past week. These people
are paying attention. You can buy a box of ammo today, or you can buy it
tomorrow with a 500% tax. Take your pick. It will get worse. His
first-term experiments with executive orders will continue.

As long as he is in office your guns are not safe and your rights are
not safe. The Constitution is just a piece of paper that Marxists want
to burn. The Second Amendment has no power unless it is enforced by the
people, and our president, elected by the people, doesn't even believe
in it. The Second Amendment isn't necessary until someone tries to take
it, at which point it becomes absolutely paramount. If you aren't
prepared for that day, there is no better time to start than today.

It has been said that during buck hunting season there are more armed
men in the woods of Michigan than in all the armies of Europe. This may
be true in several states, and it indicates the primary reason why no
U.S. president has dared to enforce a true gun confiscation law. There
are too many of us. Some liberals simply do not respect the ballot box,
but they all respect the cartridge box. That is what the Second
Amendment is for; to protect the country if the system breaks down.

The U.N. Arms Control Treaty was discussed this past July, and Obama
shrewdly dropped out of all talks and kept his distance, waiting for an
opportunity when he would have more flexibility. That opportunity came
the morning after being re-elected. He spent his first term steering
clear of gun control, knowing it would prevent him from re-election. Now
that he is free from the voters, he is moving very quickly.

If you believe in the Constitution but do not own a gun, you have been
reaping the protective benefits of an armed and free society without
personally supporting its existence. It is the duty of all good men and
women to own a gun and know how to use it. Gangsters, terrorists, and
Marxists (I repeat myself) shouldn't be the only ones doing the
shooting. The time for laziness is over. He isn't messing around
anymore, so you shouldn't be either. The best time to get a gun was
before he came to office, but the second best time is today. There is a
gunfight brewing on the horizon, and there is only one rule in
gunfights. "Have a gun."

Now is not the time to take up armed revolt against the government or
any members of it, but it is time to remind them that you are here.
Right now your duty is to pay attention and prepare. The golden rule of
guns is that you don't need to use them until someone tries to take
them. Better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it.
Get one while you can. Then get another one, just to send a message.

How will you know when it is time to take up arms? When someone tries to
take them. Tyrants. Always. Start. That. Way. Until then, your only duty
is have one ready. What a tragedy it will be on the day the jackboots
come through your door, if you have nothing to greet them with.
America started with a bang. Do not let it end without one.

Read
more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/outnumbered_but_not_outgunned.html#ixzz2Cjq9k53x