[Rushtalk] McCain's Party "Stale & Moss-Covered" - Rand Paul

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 15 10:08:23 MDT 2013

Rand Paul: ‘GOP of Old Grown Stale and Moss-Covered’

Filed under
<http://visiontoamerica.com/category/uncategorized/>Uncategorized
Posted
<http://visiontoamerica.com/14305/rand-paul-gop-of-old-grown-stale-and-moss-covered/>3
hours ago
<http://visiontoamerica.com/14305/rand-paul-gop-of-old-grown-stale-and-moss-covered/#respond>0

“The GOP of old has grown stale and
moss-covered,” Paul said. “I don’t think we need
to name any names here, do we?”

Paul also offered an extensive defense of his
13-hour filibuster last week ­ the same effort
that drew the ire of McCain and Sen. Lindsey
Graham (R-S.C.). Over the course of those 13
hours, Paul pushed the Obama administration to
clarify that it wouldn’t use drones against
non-combatant U.S. citizens on American soil.

McCain and Graham suggested Paul’s effort
amounted to pointless grandstanding, with Graham
even labeling him “ill-informed.”

“To those who would dismiss this debate as
frivolous, I say tell that to the heroic young
men and
<http://visiontoamerica.com/14305/rand-paul-gop-of-old-grown-stale-and-moss-covered/#>women
who have sacrificed their limbs and lives,” Paul
said. “Tell it to Sergeant J.D. Williams
 who
sacrificed himself to save his fellow soldiers.
Tell J.D., who lost both legs and an arm; tell
him his sacrifice was great but that we had to
suspend the Bill of Rights he fought for.

<http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/03/14/rand_paul_the_gop_of_old_has_grown_stale_and_moss-covered.html>Post
Continues on www.realclearpolitics.com