[Rushtalk] Is your 401K about to be nationalized?

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Wed Mar 20 17:07:00 MDT 2013

My first guess is the govt will soon tax all unearned income in the form of SS offsets.   Every  2 dollars of unearned income (pensions, 401k, stocks dividends, etc)  above a certain limit will cause you to loose 1 dollar in SS bennie's......  similar to the way earned income is treated now.

  It will be so easy......   we will be "saving SS" with a harmless little mean testing that targets only the top x percent... then watch were that ends.   In a few short years one dollar in the mattress will be better than two dollars in the portfolio....  don't have too much visible wealth.

Tom