[Rushtalk] Liberal Insanity

Steven Laib stevenlaib at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 22 09:11:32 MDT 2013

I'm favoring the Washington Slimeballs.

SDL

________________________________
 From: JD <northgate76 at gmail.com>
To: Rushtalk Discussion List <rushtalk at csdco.com>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Rushtalk] Liberal Insanity

I think they should change the name to reflect some unique feature of the city, like the Steelers or 49ers.  How about the Foreskins?  The Washington Weasels? The RatBastards? The Turdburglers? The Lobbyists? Or maybe a singular, generic noun like the Crimson Tide.  Those are pretty cool.  The Washington Graft. The Washington Corruption.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:10 AM, John A. Quayle <blueoval57 at verizon.net> wrote:

>Join the Discussions!
> Register  |  Login
>

>Democrats Pressure Washington Redskins to Change
NameBy Bobby Eberle March 21, 2013 12:36 pm

>Text Size: A A A
>
> Here we go again. Actually, it's an ongoing effect by those who
embrace political correctness to the point way beyond stupidity. The
Washington Redskins professional football team has been pressured by
people and organizations for years who feel the use of the name
"Redskins" is derogatory, offensive, insensitive, racist, and
whatever other label you want to throw at it. Now, the Democrats are
stepping up the attack as well.

>As reported in The Hill, Democrats in the House of Representatives have
introduced a bill that would "prevent the term 'Redskins' from being
trademarked." Why, you ask? It's simple. These Democrats want the
Washington Redskins to drop the name.

>The Non-Disparagement of American Indians in Trademark Registrations Act of 2013 is co-sponsored by Del. Eleanor
Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), and comes days after a federal trademark panel heard arguments over whether the team name
was a slur. The panel could potentially overturn the team's trademark,
which would erode profits by allowing other businesses to sell apparel
and goods featuring the Redskins name.

>Earlier this month, Norton said the team "should consider"
a new name.

>哲obody would let a comparable name to blacks stand," Norton
said, adding that she thinks the team will eventually be forced to make a
change.

>Here's the real problem. As noted in the story, there are
"renewed calls in Washington politics and media for the team to
change the name." But notice, the sentence specifies
"Washington politics and media." Where's the public outcry.
Let's listen... All I hear are crickets. That's because this is NO
outcry.

>All of these PC efforts are just ridiculous. The story also points out
that numerous high school teams use the Redskins name. And these are
coming under attack too. But it's not from local residents. It's from
legal groups and left-wing organizations who want to tell the public how
to think, and force teams to change all under threat of lawsuit.

>To see how ridiculous this has become, just look at the oped in The Washington Post. The headline reads, "The Redskins name
is really valuable, and really offensive. Here痴 how to fix it." So,
he says the name isn't just offensive, but it's "really"
offensive. Wow... really? The only example the author cites is from
another left-wing writer. That's hardly a plethora of evidence.

>If people want change, they will demand it. It's as simple as that. Let
the Washington Redskins be the Redskins. Let's move on to something more
important like the budget, the debt, taxes, jobs, national security, or a host of other issues that
are actually important.