[Rushtalk] OBAMA to TAX Smart Phones ??

Carl Spitzer Winblows at lavabit.com
Fri Mar 29 07:43:16 MDT 2013

Obama loves taxes

      * Posted by Judson Phillips on March 5, 2013 at 7:44am in Tea
        Party Nation Forum

If someone tells you Obama loves taxes, your reaction is probably, “tell
me something I don’t know.”

Here is something you probably don’t know.  The Obama Regime has
something in their sights to be taxed.  It will surprise you and
probably anger you.  It is something you probably use every day.

What is it?

It is the app on your Smartphone or tablet and it might even be your
Smartphone or tablet itself.

As a part of Obamacare, one of the new taxes created to pay for this
monstrosity was a medical devices tax.    While many people think of
medical devices as x-ray machines or MRI scanners or even stethoscopes,
the FDA is now moving to regulate and presumably tax Smartphone and
tablet apps and possibly even the devices themselves.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee is so concerned about this that
they have requested clarification from the FDA on the subject.

The Republican Leaders of the House Energy and Commerce Committee wrote
to the Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration and expressed
their concern saying, ““With the growth of the Smartphone and tablet
market in the United States, the use of applications to monitor health
information on these devices has also increased.  Some medical
applications are used to monitor health information, like diet and
fitness data.  Other applications can be used to monitor chronic
conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure.”

Back in July 2011, the FDA proposed regulating and taxing apps that
“transform a mobile communications device into a regulated medical
device.”

Think about this for a moment.  If you put a diet app on your iPhone,
the diet app now becomes a regulated medical device.  That app will be
taxed under Obamacare.  Same for other types of apps that might monitor
your blood pressure or diabetes.

There is one thing we know governments always try to grow their ability
to tax and control.

How long before the government decides our Smartphone’s or our tablets
are now regulated medical devices because they can be converted to
provide a service by adding an app or an add on device?

What will this do to the Smartphone and tablet industry in America?

In short, it will be a disaster.

This is just another reason why we must demand that the Republicans pass
a Continuing Resolution that defunds Obamacare.

Call your Congressman today and demand that the Continuing Resolution
that Congress passes that will fund the government for the rest of this
year defund Obamacare.

Take a moment to sign our defund Obamacare petition and share it with
your friends.

--
ObombA did not win erection, Trotskite RINO Mitt Romney threw the
election.  -- Rush Limbaugh