[Rushtalk] You’ll Never Guess What Happens When This Sheriff Confronts 3 Open-Carry Protesters

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at keepandbeararms.com
Sun Nov 3 18:00:52 MST 2013

You’ll Never Guess What Happens When This Sheriff Confronts 3 Open-Carry
Protesters
Posted By Philip Hodges on Sep 23, 2013 | 230 Comments

Share0 Tweet0 Share0 Email0
I am usually critical of police these days. But I’m not “anti-police.”
Just like I’m not anti-congressman or anti-senator or even
anti-president. But let’s face it. Most people today who occupy those
positions are corrupt individuals. They exert far more power than their
Constitutional authority allows.

The Constitution was written to restrain them, because the Founding
Fathers understood the temptations of power that come with holding
positions of authority. But we have spineless politicians who are never
satisfied with the “limited” power they wield, so representatives in all
branches of local, state and federal government are constantly
reinterpreting the Constitution to accommodate their lusts for more
power, which in turn takes freedoms and liberties away from the very
people who put these “leaders” in their positions.

But there are a few good guys. Those who take their positions seriously,
who recognize that their job is not to give themselves more power or to
cover up their own scandals, but to work to preserve a free society by
protecting people’s freedoms and getting an overreaching government out
of the way. And there are good police officers too.

I have to say, this video completely took me off guard. Recently, we’ve
seen so many open-carry protesters (or just ordinary citizens exercising
their 2nd Amendment rights) met with paranoid, power-hungry cops who end
up arresting them for “disturbing the peace,” or “resisting arrest” all
because they carried a Glock on their hip or a rifle on their shoulder.

Not this Michigan Sheriff, though. You have to see it to believe it:

>From the YouTube description:

We saw the Sheriff car pull up so we all took out our camera-phones
right away, anticipating trouble. This officer gets out of his car,
waves to us, and walks right over. He shakes all of our hands,
introduces himself, and states his purpose for walking over to us.
(Somebody got scared and called). He never asked us to disarm, never
threatened us, never asked for our names or identification. I think I
can speak for everyone in the group that it was an honor to meet this
man. This is what we need to see from police officers everywhere!

Here’s a tidbit from the “confrontation” that I thought was great,
especially coming from a police officer. He asked the group, “What is
the only Constitutionally recognized law enforcement agency in the
land?” One of the open-carriers replied, “The Sheriff’s Department.” The
Sheriff gave a thumbs-up “Hoorah” and continued:

Every other [agency] was created by statute. That’s the FBI, the ATF,
your local PDs, everything, DNR – statute, legislature, Congress has
created them. The Constitution [only calls for] sheriffs. When I got
into this line of work – because I was a young Constitutionalist like
yourselves – I said I want to work for the Sheriff. I could’ve gone
somewhere else and gotten a nice retirement package – the Sheriff pays
me well, don’t get me wrong, I enjoy working for him – but, to me, it’s
very personal. I hold it in my heart, because it’s Constitutional.

There is no doubt that if police emulated this Sheriff, we’d be a freer
people, and there would be a renewed trust in local law enforcement.

http://lastresistance.com/3250/youll-never-guess-happens-sheriff-confronts-3-open-carry-protesters/

http://www.youtube.com/?v=q1G1IscWi58